Cloudron makes it easy to run web apps like WordPress, Nextcloud, GitLab on your server. Find out more or install now.

Skip to content

Dolibarr

22 Topics 170 Posts
  • Dolibarr - Package Updates

Pinned
    0 Votes
    38 Posts
    1k Views
    nebulonN

[1.7.1]

Update Dolibarr to 19.0.1 Changelog
  • Persistent security warnings

Unsolved
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    nebulonN

Strange I don't seem to be able to find the view in dolibarr where this would be shown. Tried a fresh installation. Can you give more instructions on how to reproduce this?

• Adding new local users

Solved
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    brianbB

@ccfu How do you disable the LDAP module?

• 0 Votes
    2 Posts
    Z

Ok, I used LAMP stack and it works.

Once I had my LAMP stack set up, I proceeded with the migration process. Here's a detailed breakdown of the steps I followed to ensure a smooth transition:

Database Backup: The first step involved creating a backup of the SQL database from the old server. This is crucial to ensure that all data is securely transferred without any loss. Copying Data: Next, I archived the dolibarrdata directory into a .tar.gz file. I did the same for the /modules directory located in the core. This step is essential to retain all the configurations and customizations. Preparing the LAMP Container: In the root directory of the LAMP container (specifically in /data), I created an /import directory. This was done to facilitate the import of the previously backed-up data. Importing the Database: Before installing Dolibarr, I imported the database into the LAMP stack. It's important to do this step prior to the installation to ensure the new setup recognizes all your existing data. Cloning Dolibarr: I used Git to clone the 18.0 branch of Dolibarr. While doing this, I made sure to use the option for a single branch and a depth of 1 to avoid downloading unnecessary data. Dolibarr Installation: With the database in place and the Dolibarr code ready, I proceeded with the installation. It's critical to use the LAMP credentials provided during this step. Note that the database is in MySQL and not in localhost. Also, ensure that Dolibarr points to the imported dolibarrdata. Final Adjustments: The last step involved adjusting the path since Dolibarr was now at the root instead of in the htdocs directory. This is an important modification to ensure that Dolibarr functions correctly in its new environment.

By following these steps, I successfully migrated Dolibarr to a more flexible setup using a LAMP stack. This approach might seem a bit complex, but it offers greater control and customization options, which were lacking in the standard Cloudron setup.

Hope this detailed walkthrough helps anyone facing similar challenges. Feel free to ask if you have any questions or need further clarifications.

• Dolibarr default username and password not working

Solved
    1 Votes
    7 Posts
    O

@girish By following your procedure it works! I didn't know it was possible to change the memory allocation to the mysql database in the services. Sorry I didn't think of it. By doing so, the installation was much faster and worked first time. At least now I understand Cloudron's added value even better 🙂
    Thanks for your time

• wrong path for custom modules

Solved
    1 Votes
    5 Posts
    O

Hello @luckow.
    I have an issue with two modules I want to use with dolibarr. The problem is that I can add the modules to the "custom" folder in Cloudron, but I cannot make any modifications. I can not install them either by the tab "add external modules" since Dolibarr shows an error that it can't write in the folder "/app/code/htdocs/custom", which is normal, since the folder does not exist.

By looking through the forum I found your post. Since I'm not a programmer I do not know what your solution means and if can I do a modification that would let me use the modules correctly or does that have to be done by the developers of the modules.

If you could help me out here that would be great.

Best regards,

Bob

• 0 Votes
    16 Posts
    nebulonN

@JOduMonT thanks that you bring this up again. The multiDomain can easily be added, I am just wondering how I can test that it works. I don't have much clue about how to use dolibarr to be honest.

• Dolibarr : app is currently not responding

Solved
    0 Votes
    14 Posts
    nebulonN

This should be resolved with the latest version.

• 0 Votes
    6 Posts
    O

@girish Basically these are php files that make use of db variables and properties defined in the GUI. However, to make (in my opinion essential) customizations, I need to edit these templates. These changes however are mostly to optimize the user experience.

For me they dont need to be editable during runtime. If i could make the changes persist in recovery mode and the restart the app with the adapted files in readonly, that would be perfect.

Best

• 0 Votes
    3 Posts
    nebulonN

@JOduMonT thanks for the info and research. The encrypted password handling in dolibarr as described does not make too much sense for us, since the password might change during package update, depending on the database addon thus it always have to be fetched freshly. Further it will always be present in the app's environment as injected into the container.

For phpinfo() I am not sure how this is an attack angle, since if one is able to inject php code to run phpinfo() the attacker might as well just simply dump the env variables manually.

• Dolibarr automatic mail not working

Moved
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    girishG

@opensourced See this comment https://github.com/Dolibarr/dolibarr/issues/10513#issuecomment-461084740

There is a field in Configuration > Modules/Applications > Members > Email .

• 0 Votes
    6 Posts
    girishG

Started a new thread here - https://forum.cloudron.io/topic/6424/deploying-apps-that-treat-code-as-data

• 0 Votes
    9 Posts
    nebulonN

@privsec I enabled all modules you were showing in the screenshots but I cannot reproduce the log file issue. Is there anything else you configured? Also can you check via the webterminal what the permissions of the log file in question are?

• 1 Votes
    3 Posts
    girishG

Per https://www.dolistore.com/en/modules/1133-CustomizeForms.html, we have to email paulorcdo@gmail.com . @luckow can you check with them ?

• [Config] Timezone

Solved
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    S

@murgero Thanks for the reply, but I allready knew how to get in the console.

Problem was the php.ini and what to put in there.
    For all who are searching:

Add to "/app/data/php.ini" the line:
    date.timezone = Europe/Berlin

If you are not in the timezone Europe/Berlin, find the correct one here:
    https://www.php.net/manual/en/timezones.php

Problem solved.

• Wrong $dolibarr_main_url_root in conf.php

1 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • Any forecast on when dolibarr will be up and stable?

Solved
    1 Votes
    5 Posts
    nebulonN

I've put out a package release v1 now so the app is marked as stable! Thanks a lot @erics for all the work 😄

• Setup Dolibarr | Dolibarr LDAP-->Cloudron

Solved
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    nebulonN

Correct the LDAP server provided by the Cloudron platform is read-only in that regard.

• Dolibarr not responding

Moved Unsolved
    0 Votes
    18 Posts
    nebulonN

Is this still an issue now or can we close this with the latest package version v0.3.0?

• unusual ldap / user workflow

3 Votes
    12 Posts
    E

@nebulon nice i like this sort of reply 🙂