Cloudron makes it easy to run web apps like WordPress, Nextcloud, GitLab on your server. Find out more or install now.

SOLVED [Feature request] Limit total number of backups

• Hi there Cloudronians,

My server works like a charm but there is one feature that I would like to see. Currently, the amount of backups that I have of my server varies grealy, so the amount of storage space that I need on my backup drive varies equally much. I would like to have this more constant so the backup drive is not suddenly completely filled up when there are a couple of updates together with the usual backup schedule.

Would it be an option to limit the amount of backups? Say, maximum of 1 backup related to updates and 1 backup related to regular backup scheduling?

• Staff

Currently you can only set the retention time and the normal backup interval in the backup settings. Also note that the system keeps at least one backup all the time. A better solution however might be to choose the rsync backup format, this does incremental backups and thus only actually stores new files during a new backup. This should keep the storage amount lower as well.

• I was unaware of the incremental feature in rsync. That will work for me, thank you!