From the notion-like thread, "Twake covers all of your organizational needs through a single platform".
Integrates in a single interface:
- Smartphone apps
It was a startup with a closed-source product which was bought by Linagora (open source company providing dev for french gov, big companies, etc.).
I asked on their chat, and they plan to integrate it to open paas and keep a standalone version in parallel.
I'm pretty excited by this, it looks really good and the fact it's supported by an open source shop is even better.
Install guide (docker compose): https://github.com/TwakeApp/Twake/blob/master/documentation/INSTALL.md
Be good if there was a way to make Upvotes developer sponsorship pledges!
$100 = 10 App Wishlist Sponsorship Upvotes. I don't mind sponsoring a few things here and there - but developers have to eat, so I think if everyone wants specific apps, start pledging some Paypal dollars in the Wishlist threads to feed the hungry
@marcusquinn I think my ideal scenario would be something like
- Cloudron 6.0 fully open source again
- Cloudron sets-up an Open Collective
- all subscription monies get paid into the collective and all monies coming in/ out totally transparent (this is one of the really nice features of open collective) - sadly in reality this might not make much sense because of default %'s taken out - although OC recently started trialing 0% fees (still payment processor fees, obviously) with pay it forward option for contributors.
- option for people to pay more money into the collective should the so choose and have the means. Either lump sum or regular amount (both are already supported).
- developers who make wished-for apps can also be paid out of the collective and everything is totally transparent.
Or something like that
Looks interesting. Has anyone played with it outside of cloudron? It is on product hunt today https://www.producthunt.com/posts/twake-2-0
From the producthunt post::
We are so excited to share our next major release of Twake. Before we begin, thank you for your help!! We've improved our platform based on your feedback.
We built Twake to facilitate team collaboration. You might be struggling to work remotely and get your projects completed by deploying multiple tools like Teams, slack, gdrive, trello etc.
Now, with Twake, you can do all your work at one place and it is 100% open source. 🤩
What we updated :
Improved channel management ️
️ WYSIWYG message editor
Better file storage system
️ CMD+K (yahouu!!)
And much more....
We still have :
Quick and easy to use with all your tools in one platform
️ Chat with your team through channels or direct chat
️ Share and store your files with our drive
️ Collaborate in real-time on your files
Organize your tasks to kickstart and track your projects
Share your workspace with external partners
All your data is secured, encrypted and hosted on European servers
Open source and self-hostable with code available on GitHub github.com/linagora/twake
@seeker I played around with 1.0 a bit more, but 2.0 looks similar from the demo I just used, it is very much still in beta. (there are gigantic holes in their docs: https://doc.twake.app/how-to-use-it/privacy) It tries to kill a lot of apps with one, and it's not really killer in any of them, IMO. But if they keep improving it will be very compelling.