Cloudron makes it easy to run web apps like WordPress, Nextcloud, GitLab on your server. Find out more or install now.

Skip to content

Paperless-ngx

38 Topics 300 Posts
  • 0 Votes
    3 Posts
    girishG

@timka Could it be your client network issue ?

Just to double check, you can also do something like this: docker inspect sftp | grep IPAddress . This will give an IP address like 172.18.0.2 . Then, on the server itself, try telnet 172.18.0.2 22 (port 22). Does that work?

• paperless-ngx tag bug since 1.4.0

Moved
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    murgeroM

@midm This should be an issue opened with the actual devs, Cloudron just makes the Cloudron package - not the actual app itself:

https://github.com/paperless-ngx/paperless-ngx

• paperless-ngx classifier error

Moved Solved
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    girishG

@midm thanks for reporting. Can you try the latest package?

• Documents in Inbox (separate view only)

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    timconsidineT

@PaulOne I use a tag on certain documents and then set up a filter which can be displayed on the dashboard or the sidebar or both.
    Important point is to save the view !

E.g. purchase invoices are auto-tagged as ToBeInput and a correspondent set according to content.
    Then I use a filter to see which are needing input (well, my assistant does).
    When she has done that, she removes the tag and adds another InputDone.

Is this the kind of thing you are meaning ?
    Screenshot 2022-12-21 at 15.29.29.png

• 0 Votes
    3 Posts
    subvenS

@d123 said in Installation Issue in Terminal: illegal byte sequence:

extra characters at the end of d command

Your problem however is easy to resolve if you google for it. sed is compatible with apple silicon so it's just an syntax issue.

• Multi user permission support

1 Votes
    2 Posts
    nebulonN

Given that views.py would be part of the release code, it will reside in the read-only section of the app package and can't be edited on Cloudron. I guess we have to wait until upstream has merged this and made a new release with it. If you just want to test this, you could enable debug mode of the app https://docs.cloudron.io/packaging/cheat-sheet/#debugging which allows to temporarily change such files, however this is a bit more involved and will not be persistent.

• 7 Votes
    5 Posts
    1k Views
    scookeS

Super helpful! Thank you!

• "run rules" on already imported docs

Solved
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    ChristopherMagC

@girish I thought that you could run the command without first cd'ing into the src directory but when running it again today I found out that was incorrect.

I have edited my post above to first include cd src and then python3 manage.py document_retagger -T.

Could you please update the documentation as what I originally posted doesn't work for some reason, python throws an exception if you don't cd first?

• 1 Votes
    20 Posts
    5k Views
    humptydumptyH

According to this Paperless-NG doc page, there's an app for iOS called QuickScan which lets you take a picture of your document and have it saved to "your favorite location". I just tried the app and I like it so far. I'm trying to connect it to my NextCloud via WebDav but my credentials aren't working. Do I need a specific plugin for Nextcloud or something?

Below is a screenshot of the app's integration options.

2022-06-19 16-18-45-0.png

• Documentation missing?

Solved
    2 Votes
    2 Posts
    nebulonN

Thanks for reporting this. The docs link in the manifest file was outdated due to the move to paperless-ngx. The link is https://docs.cloudron.io/apps/paperless-ngx/ and will be fixed with the next app release.

• New paperless-ngx doc upload status

1 Votes
    8 Posts
    girishG

@timconsidine ah, good job narrowing it down! maybe you can report it upstream with the problematic pdf.

• 12 Votes
    14 Posts
    1k Views
    marcusquinnM

Very cool - time to play with this little gem I think.

• Export Documents and Config

Solved
    1 Votes
    2 Posts
    neurokrishN

This issue can be closed now. The document_exporter and document_importer commands are working well. I just had to define paths correctly in the container.

• Not uploading because of internal server error 500

Solved
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    timconsidineT

@nebulon thank you

• paperless-ng on publicly accessible server

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    timconsidineT

@FeelNiceInc in terms of security vulnerability of the system, I trust in the open source community review and collaborative effort. Of course, there is always a risk. But I tend to trust open source solution more than a proprietary one.
    You could set up a small Cloudron box or docker box at home if this is a concern for you, and if you're remote from it, use VPN and IP black-list / white-list.

I use Bitarden (vaultwarden) and trust that. OK, data is encrypted there. I haven't checked about Paperless and encryption. Must go and do that out of interest.

EDIT : there used to be support for encryption https://paperless-ng.readthedocs.io/en/latest/administration.html#enabling-encryption. But it is deprecated and not advised for reasons explained.

• backup of pdf's in paperless-ng

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    neurokrishN

@doodlemania2 thank you for sharing your experience. Since I started to add all personal documents, I wanted to be sure that things will work as intended. Love Cloudron, it's amazing!

• Not uploading

Solved
    0 Votes
    18 Posts
    ultravioletU

@girish all good, thank you.

• Running management utilities (commands)

Solved
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    neurokrishN

Sorry, had to run the command as python3. Mark this as resolved!