A service very much like Instagram, but federated. There seems to be quite some enthusiasm around ActivityPub-based projects in general, also including Prismo, Anfora and Funkwhale.
Best posts made by yusf
playSMS — Free and Open Source SMS Gateway
A flexible Web-based mobile portal system that it can be made to fit to various services such as an SMS gateway, bulk SMS provider, personal messaging system, corporate and group communication tools
There’s a maintained Dockerfile already.
Feature Highlights (brace yourself!)
- Multiple database engine supported (through PHP PEAR DB, included in this package)
- Send SMS to single mobile phone
- Send SMS broadcasted to a group of mobile phones, or SMS bulk
- Support sending text, flash and unicode messages
- Capable of handling large amount of SMS
- Receive private SMS to Inbox and forward it to email (mobile2web) and user’s mobile phone
- Forward single SMS from mobile to a group of mobile phones
- Provides SMS to email and email to SMS by polling mailbox
- SMS autoreply, for easy autoreplying formatted incoming SMS
- SMS board, forward received SMS to email, export output in JSON and a few other formats
- SMS command, execute server side shell script using SMS
- SMS custom, forward incoming SMS to custom apps, locally or hosted on external URL
- SMS poll, manage polling system using SMS, export output in graph, JSON and other formats
- SMS quiz, serve quizzes on SMS
- SMS subscribe, manage user subscribes to a service using SMS
- SMS sync to utilize SMSSync app
- Blacklist, stoplist and firewall plugin for SMS services protections
- Create your own features, tools, themes and gateway modules as a plugin
- Supports software gateway such as Gammu, Jasmin, Kannel and SMS Server Tools 3
- Supports bulk SMS providers such as Nexmo, Twilio and other SMS service providers
- Supports many other bulk SMS providers using Generic gateway plugin
- Supports sending/receiving SMS via another playSMS using Planet or Uplink gateway plugin
- Supports simulation gateway for testing incoming and outgoing SMS
- Supports multiple active SMSC
- Route outgoing SMS by prefix
- Route outgoing SMS per user
- Webservices for sending SMS, retrieving delivery reports, checking credits and more
- Long SMS support, length of text is configurable
- Rate SMS by destination prefix
- SMS credit system per user
- Multiple SMSC activated and routable
- Timezone settings
- Multi-language user interface (English, French, Bahasa Indonesia, Russian and a few others)
- Easily add new language for user interface
- Web-based interface
- Android app for playSMS is available, with source codes
- Multi-domain from single playSMS installation with site branding for reseller supports
Notion-like FOSS app
In my profession I’ve recently been assimilated into the Notion universe. It’s truly brilliant.
But it’s not free (as in freedom). So as I start to pour huge amount of work into structuring and using it, my woes of lock-in comes as expected.
There’s this whole new class of digital tools flexible enough to be shaped by non-coders for virtually any workflow: Notion, Airtable, Coda, Next Matter.
I sense that as the tools of this no-code movement develops further, users realize they don’t need to settle for other people’s workflow but can shape the tools to their liking instead of the other way around. Thus these tools may lay the groundwork for a new level of user expectancy, possibly leaving old rigid tools in the dust.
So, is there anything FOSS that can even begin to compare to Notion?
RE: Jitsi Meet
As described here I expressed an interest in a Jitsi Meet app but I wasn't in a hurry.
Now I really need it. The pandemic is causing serious problems throughout the world and some centralized systems are getting really strained as everyone in self-isolation or quarantine moves to video conferencing.
Now would be an excellent time to push Jitsi Meet out the gates. I need to provide video conferencing solutions to several organizations. Please prioritize this if you can.
Expand Matrix app features
Looking around in the Matrix ecosystem one finds many interesting server extensions. For example, the native protocol bridging support being put to use by the many bridges available.
Looking at matrix-docker-ansible-deploy one gets a glimpse of what extensions are already available in for a production environment.
I've a wish for the Cloudron Matrix app to be expanded with more features. This will make the app more useful and better demonstrate Matrix's versatility.
Extensions of direct interest to me:
Let's discuss what if any extensions are worthy of inclusion in the package.
RE: What's coming in 5.1
Reading this makes me grateful that Cloudron exists. @nebulon and @girish should really take pride in what you’ve built. Not only in the software itself but the community around it, that’s very much influenced by the attention and sensitivity you guys nurture it with.
Latest posts made by yusf
RE: Apps not starting after upgrade to 6.2.4
app has to be restored onto a Cloudron version 6.1.2 then the app will be able to run for exporting the data
Did this. Calendars present but no content. No contacts either. Same username.
This is terrible. Please advice. Following "install new sogo and emails etc should be there already" wiped my data.