Cloudron makes it easy to run web apps like WordPress, Nextcloud, GitLab on your server. Find out more or install now.

Skip to content

Kavita

7 Topics 31 Posts
  • Kavita - Package Updates

Pinned
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    girishG

[0.5.1]

Update Kavita to 0.8.1 Full changelog Added: Added SortOrderLocked field for upcoming ability to set it in the UI, allowing customization of sort order on Series Detail page Changed: Changed how often the 1 version out of date check occurs to be every 4-6 hours instead of 1-2 hours. Changed: Allow jumpbar to function on pages as long as there is no custom sort Changed: When refusing OPDS download due to lack of role, use 403 Forbid.
  • 1 Votes
    3 Posts
    scookeS

I've found that using something like Cyberduck lets me login into the server, and then easily navigate to the desired folder even in the Docker hierarchy. So, I upload straight to the folder Kavita uses. It looks something like: /home/yellowtent/appsdata/long-set-of-characters/data/data, etc.

• Kavita Library Folder

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    girishG

@LoudLemur On Cloudron, '/app/data` is the only viable location.

Kavita is quite picky on the folder naming convention. Each type of content has a different structure. See https://wiki.kavitareader.com/guides/scanner/managefiles

• Fantastic changelog from Kavita!

2 Votes
    8 Posts
    girishG

@scooke might be better to just start from scratch instead of figuring why migration doesn't work...

• 0 Votes
    4 Posts
    girishG

image.png

Fixed now.

• FYI: passwords can only be max 32 characters

1 Votes
    5 Posts
    jdaviescoatesJ

@necrevistonnezr totally agree. I don't get why people limit passwords to 32 characters (or to any length really).

And in the opposite direction, it also really annoys me that without editing files Ubuntu won't let me create users with weak passwords (e.g. for my children to use, or for my team members to be easily able to use my laptop to screen films at a film and food event I organise without them needing my primary login)

• 0 Votes
    2 Posts
    girishG

There is also https://vaemendis.net/ubooquity/ (free but not opensource).

Kavita requires a specific folder structure for the library. The FAQ of Kavita states that ubooquity might be more flexible here.

AFAICT, yacyreader is a desktop app and not a web app.