I find the old topic about top free plugins on WordPress.
Did these plugins are relevant in 2021?
WordPress SEO by Yoast is the most famous SEO plugin for WordPress. Developed by Joost de Valk and his company Yoast, it offers great and actionable SEO features. The plugin checks your posts based on a focus keyword. It looks at the URL, title, description, content, and more to make sure your post has a clear SEO focus.
- Meta value for homepage
- Meta value for each post
- Robot.txt and .htacess edition
- XML sitemap access
- Head section cleaning
- Different languages
- Indexing control
- rel=”next” and rel=”prev” adding
- Open graph implementation
- Easily do 301 redirects
- Easily add canonical URL
- and more
As you can see, that plugin is pretty complete and covers most of SEO needs.
All in One plugin offers nice features to optimize your SEO. Created by Micheal Torbert, a WordPress developer, All in One includes:
- Google Analytics support
- Sitemap support
- Duplicate content highlighter
- SEO integration for ecommerce websites
- Meta tag generation
- Social media details
- System status box
All in One does not have as much features as WordPress SEO but it offers an easier approach.
#3 SEO By Squirrly
SEO by Squirrly is focusing on content and keywords. They have shared a video presentation where they explain how to use their plugin.
- Keyword analysis and research
- SEO audit report
- Green indicators about content
- Compatibility with other plugin
- Content marketing tracking
4# SEO Press
SEOPress is a powerful plugin to optimize your SEO, boost your traffic, improve social sharing, build custom HTML and XML Sitemaps, create optimized breadcrumbs, add schemas / Google Structured data types, manage redirections 301 and so much more.
This short video introduces the main functionalities offered by writemypaperbro.
The SEO Press plugin focuses on optimizing all the facets of your website. The free features include:
- Installation wizard to quickly setup your site
- Titles (with dynamic variables: custom fields, terms taxonomie…)
- Meta descriptions (with dynamic variables too)
- Open Graph Data
- Google Knowledge Graph
- Google Analytics
- Twitter Card
- Canonical URL
- Content analysis
This plugin helps you develop your content visibility on major search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo. It includes:
- 100 on-page SEO characteristics
- Conflict analyser
- Secondary descriptions and titles
- Duplicate content remover