There is now another related bug report - https://github.com/nextcloud/server/issues/11897
Co-founder of Cloudron.io
Posts made by girish
RE: Feature Request: multi domain support for email accounts
Thanks for the feature request. I think this requires app level feature of multi-domain support (i.e in roundcube, rainloop). AFAIK, none of the apps on Cloudron currently support this kind of setup.
RE: Suggestion: Alternative Username other than 'Admin' for Wordpress
I can think of two things that we can easily fix immediately:
- Add a note that this user can be deleted in the post installation dialog
- We are already looking to auto-generating passwords for each installation (instead of having a standard default). This prevents cases where the user forgets to change the default password.
RE: Archiving Emails - SOGo Groupware
@gofaniyi SOGo is a "frontend" to email. The emails itself are stored in the backend which is part of Cloudron. Practically, what this means is that if you install some other email frontend like rainloop or roundcube, you will be able to see the same emails.
To answer your question, all the data will be in
/home/yellowtent/boxdata/mail/vmail. You will find directories organized by
domain.com/username. They are all in maildir format.
git.cloudron.io - mandatory 2FA
Unfortunately, there's been a LOT of spam on our gitlab (and also on this forum). re-captcha helps a lot but it seems there is an army of human bots out there which sign up initially and then use the API to spam the hell out of things :/ To mitigate further, we have put in mandatory 2FA on our gitlab instance.
RE: gitlab ssh port 22, anyway to do this?
Be sure to move SSH to a different port first using https://cloudron.io/documentation/security/#securing-ssh-access.
RE: What's coming in Cloudron 3.3
@msbt Ah no, the apps don't require Ubuntu 18.04 since they are run as containers and they are shielded from what the host OS runs. So yes, the server upgrade can be postponed. (Cloudron will continue to support 16.04 and 18.04 as the host OS for the foreseeable future).
What's coming in Cloudron 3.3
- Ubuntu 18.04 Support
- Base image 1.0.0 - the cloudron base image is now based on Ubuntu 18.04. We have already started pushing out apps that use this new image.
- Addon updates - this upgrades all the addon databases to use Ubuntu 18.04. This involves also major version upgrades for all our addons. Lots of changes here.
- Easy installation of docker apps - We are making it simpler to run apps with a Dockerfile. For example, even if an app has not been ported to Cloudron, we want to make it easier for one to clone a github project and just install it on Cloudron as long as it has a functional Dockerfile. There is a simplified workflow to use a private registry and private apps.
- Volume management - apps will start using docker volumes internally. This will help us build a system where apps can easily share data with each other. Currently, even if your photos are synced with nextcloud, it's hard/impossible to run a piwigo/lychee that uses the photos on nextcloud.