Yup, that was the problem. The fix will be part of 2.3
Co-founder of Cloudron.io
Posts made by girish
What's coming in 2.3
We expect 2.3 to be out early next week.
- AddName.com DNS provider
- Advanced DNS configuration UI that will let you set the zone name and also configure the certificate provider (for example, you can use Let's Encrypt Staging for testing without reaching the LE limits).
- Preserve addon/database configuration of apps across updates, restarts and restores. This is a big internal change where we don't reset database credentials of apps anymore.
RE: smtp_forward for Haraka?
Looking a bit closerhttps://haraka.github.io/manual/plugins/queue/smtp_forward.html will only work at the domain level (and not mailbox level). @fbartels so, I am not sure if smtp_forward will work for your use case.
RE: smtp_forward for Haraka?
@fbartels mm, I think this is a possibly a feature that we need to add to Cloudron where some mailboxes are specifically forwarded to another host.
I can suggest a few hacks, let me know if any of these work or not:
- Capture all the mails in Cloudron. Then make your other host pull email periodically from Cloudron via IMAP. Basically, instead of push it becomes pull.
- If you have many mailboxes to forward, first create a mailbox named "catchall". Then forward all emails on Cloudron to this "catchall" mailbox. You can then again, pull images from another host via IMAP and distribute it as needed.
- Another option is also to make the catchall address to be the address on a Cloudron app. On Cloudron, each app gets a unique mailbox but this can actually be renamed. This way you can have all your emails delivered to the app instead. The app can then take these emails (via IMAP/recvmail addon) and push them out. This is a bit complex since it might require some changes in the code/database to allow this setup.
I understand it's not easy as the
smtp_forwardmechanism but I think to implement that will require lot more thought to see how it fits into existing Cloudron features.
RE: CloudronManifest: Configurable Environment Variable?
Are you able to curl the mautic URL from your proxy app?
RE: Testing Ensuring Email & Mailtrain is set up Properly
Installed the app. It looks lie mailtrain creates an admin email that is <install name.app.domain> That email address is also used by campaign defaults. I tried sending a test email to it however and it did not go anywhere. In testing sending some emails, it does not appear can just change this email to anything you want. It must match the app domain???
By default, an app is allocated a "mailbox". It can only send email as that mailbox name. This is a security policy. You can change the mailbox name by followinghttps://cloudron.io/documentation/email/#changing-the-from-address-of-an-app
Below you will see that the Blacklist:4 and Failed:2
The results are entirely based on the IP of your server and which VPS provider you got your server from. In fact, many providers like Amazon EC2, Google Compute don't let you send emails at all. I would recommend setting up a relay via Mailgun, Postmark or similar. It is the best way to ensure delivery of mail.
mail-tester runs your email via SpamAssassin. So make sure you send email to it with some real text! If you send fake text or empty emails, it will correctly mark your email as spam. I will put this note in our docs as well.