Cloudron makes it easy to run web apps like WordPress, Nextcloud, GitLab on your server. Find out more or install now.


Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Bookmarks
  • Search
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Brand Logo

Cloudron Forum

Offical apps | Community apps | Demo | Docs | Install
girishG

Girish Ramakrishnan

@girish
Staff
Unfollow Follow
About
Posts
21.7k
Topics
537
Shares
0
Groups
4
Followers
49
Following
1

Posts

Recent Best Controversial

  • Bug: mailbox delete: "Also delete mails" checkbox has no effect (Cloudron 10.0.5, mail 4.3.9)
    girishG girish
    Support mail

    Thanks, I have fixed the regression.


  • Restoring an app from an rsync backup downloads everything again, even when almost all files are already there
    girishG girish
    Feature Requests backup restore rsync

    Thanks for the reminder! Forgot about this. Yeah, so an idea would be to hash the file locally and only download if something changed. There is a CPU vs network optimization. So, it might make sense for large files and avoid re-downloading then again.


  • What does it take to use Surfer as a β€œreal” multidomain surfer?
    girishG girish
    Surfer

    right, redirects are platform feature, so the app doesn't even know about them . A workaround for now is to move the redirects as aliases instead and set up redirects manually inside surfer.

    I think if we want to make this truly truly multidomain, we have to simply merge surfer into the platform itself (instead of trying to make surfer more multidomain).

    edit: then again, maybe we just need a simple redirects configuration in site configuration .


  • Surfer v7 - new CLI, deploys, app passwords
    girishG girish
    Surfer

    Hopefully it's obvious to use. You just click '+', add a site. nothing else really πŸ˜‰

    But also, one "catch" is that the settings are global and not per site. I would like to keep it this way to not complicate the app too much. So you might need multiple instances for each style of setting.


  • Alternative lightweight base image
    girishG girish
    Package development

    @jadudm I think @timconsidine is referring to the dev libraries, compilers, toolchains, shared objects etc as dev tools. I guess you are refering to the likes of programs that can say launch some network attack?


  • What does it take to use Surfer as a β€œreal” multidomain surfer?
    girishG girish
    Surfer

    @timconsidine thanks for the reminder πŸ™‚ I posted a follow up at https://forum.cloudron.io/topic/16009/surfer-v7-new-cli-deploys-app-passwords/5


  • Surfer v7 - new CLI, deploys, app passwords
    girishG girish
    Surfer

    As a follow up, you can also have multiple sites now.

    image.jpeg

    image.jpeg

    If an alias has no "site" mapping, it falls back to Default site


  • Security.txt in APP Konfigurator
    girishG girish
    Feature Requests

    I added this a while ago for cloudron.io itself since we get almost one issue everyday from bounty hackers...

    https://www.cloudron.io/security.html and https://www.cloudron.io/.well-known/security.txt . The security.txt is not top level but in well-known afaik. Let me know if this is wrong!

    .well-known is not overwritten by the platform so you can just add it to the app itself (and thus part of your version control).


  • Better Cloudron release rollout
    girishG girish
    Discuss

    I think also 20a1e2c955d011a06c89b552f9ca9d1b6a50f14f . I am working my way to 10.1.0, it's going through our CI and it will contain the fixes.


  • Better Cloudron release rollout
    girishG girish
    Discuss

    The nginx validation bug/corruption bug is fixed. To fix it, you can simply delete that bad nginx config file and systemctl restart nginx. Then the dashboard will be up and you can proceed to repair the apps. Unfortunate that a bug in code brings down the whole system.


  • SPF leftover can result in issue in IP reputation damage
    girishG girish
    Feature Requests

    The report itself is correct. I think the main issue is that Cloudron doesn't know the old IP address and even if it did it cannot remove it without user consent. Maybe user is re-using the IP for some other stuff and legitimately put it there.


  • Rsync backup integrity fails for one Nextcloud and Jellyfin.
    girishG girish
    Support backup backups rsync integrity

    It's possible that rsync backups from the past (before we introduced integrity checks) are not backed up properly or are missing integrity information. If you can do a full backup from scratch (like you did for nc,jellyfin) and if it's reproducible, then that would be a sure bug.


  • Cloudron 10 released
    girishG girish
    Announcements

    @jdaviescoates is correct. We don't test jumping arbitrary versions, so the flow is 9.2.0 -> 10.0.4 and then 10.0.5 . The versions till 10.0.3 had some regressions, so we tested the jumping directly to 10.0.4.


  • What happened to Surfer: alias domains are empty
    girishG girish
    Surfer

    Well, thanks for catching that. There was a broken migration in 7.1 that was causing this. Hopefully, not many updated to 7.1 since I only made the release some 2-3 hours ago. I have revoked it.

    The new surfer has a concept of sites where alias domains can serve up different pages (like alpha.xx, beta.xx). I will make a separate post to explain this.


  • What happened to Surfer: alias domains are empty
    girishG girish
    Surfer

    @imc67 that could also work, can you write to support@cloudron.io ? I can look at it immediately.


  • What happened to Surfer: alias domains are empty
    girishG girish
    Surfer

    @imc67 do you think you can quickly try to reproduce this on the demo cloudron? I am unable to reproduce it. Could it be a browser caching issue?


  • What happened to Surfer: alias domains are empty
    girishG girish
    Surfer

    @imc67 which version are you on?


  • What happened to Surfer: alias domains are empty
    girishG girish
    Surfer

    @imc67 can you please check. should be fixed in 7.2.1 . I have revoked the intermediate releases.


  • What happened to Surfer: alias domains are empty
    girishG girish
    Surfer

    @imc67 Oh sorry, I broke something then. Let me test, one sec.

    edit: easily reproduced, fix is coming


  • Full backup: carry on past a failing app, then keep the backup marked as partial
    girishG girish
    Feature Requests backups

    Interesting report. Another quirk of community packages. I wrote the whole backup logic with the assumption that backup fail was something we should fix. If the did fail, either it was some platform error or some external backup service error πŸ˜„

  • Login

  • Don't have an account? Register

  • Login or register to search.
  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Bookmarks
  • Search