I've been developing/packaging what I think could be a new form of Cloudron apps, Themes (working title : ). The idea here is a simple Homepage that will display your installed Cloudron applications for easy access. You can see a working copy on my instance here! Be sure to hit space bar to toggle the menu.
- Lightning fast loading - 97 Lighthouse Performance rating, all JS/CSS assets are local
- Toggle menu based on any key combination
- Background images from Unsplash or custom URL
- Quick link to Cloudron dashboard
- Use number keys to go directly to the first 9 apps listed when the menu is open
- Mobile friendly
- Caching of app images
- Security when it comes to your Cloudron API key and Unsplash ID
Note that this is NOT meant to replace the current Cloudron dashboard, but rather be a supplementary 'app browser'. When the menu is displayed in the Homepage App, there is a cog icon at the top right with the time stamp that will take you straight to your original Cloudron dashboard when you need full access to Backups, Logs, etc.
This app is based on the homepage-cloudron repo, which is based off of the homepage repo, both of which I am the author of. Happy to answer any questions! You can find the Cloudron packaged app here.
If this is interesting, I could work up some basic tests for this to eventually be included in the actual Cloudron App Store. Though it is important to note that for this to work properly, the setup requires creating a new Cloudron API key and updating the config.json file through the Terminal (not super user-friendly).