Storyteller - A self-hosted platform for automatically syncing ebooks and audiobooks with Mobile Apps
What is this?
Storyteller is a self-hosted platform for creating and reading ebooks with synced narration. It's made of of three components: the API server, the web interface, and the mobile apps. Together, these components allow you to take audiobooks and ebooks that you already own and automatically synchronize them, as well as read or listen to (or both!) the resulting synced books.
Who is this for?
Storyteller provides two relatively unique use cases:
- Providing a better experience for readers that wish to be able to switch between listening to a book in audiobook format and reading it as a digital, visual book
- Providing a guided narration experience for users that would like to listen to a book's narration while reading it.
- Very early / young application.
- Has IOS app, Android App is in the works
- Docker version available
- USP: Can switch between reading and listening.