Demo Kuma - Create a demo site for your Docker based web application
From the author of Uptime Kuma, a nice polished uptime tracker, comes this new application for creating time-limited demo of apps, similar to https://my.demo.cloudron.io
In the Author's own words:
What is Demo Kuma:
It is for self-hosted developers to create a demo site with a timer (like 10 minutes) for their Docker-based web application. The demo is session-based. Each session is equal to one temporary demo stack. It will be shut down when time is up.
A little bit of background: This project was born together with Uptime Kuma. People could try Uptime Kuma before installing. However, it was not dockerized before. Since it is now dockerized, I think other open source projects can also benefit from it.
Uptime Kuma Demo (10 mins) https://demo.kuma.pet/start-demo
ExerciseDiary (2 mins) - Another self-hosted app that I found on Reddit: https://exercisediary-demo.kuma.pet/start-demo
- Quickly create a demo for your project.
- Spin up a docker stack when requested, shut down the stack when time is up.
- A countdown timer at the bottom right corner.
- Custom demo duration.
- Portless demo instances design in v2, you just need one port for Demo Kuma.
- Louis Lam is a great developer, we love his Uptime Kuma.
- Maybe we can use this on apps that we don't want running all the time.
- One of those apps we don't know we need until we run it and find out we had a use-case all along.