Cuttlefish - transactional email tracking
marcusquinn last edited by
"Cuttlefish is a lovely, easy to set up transactional email server
Sending a few emails from your app is easy. Sending lots becomes painful. There are so many hidden gotchas. Do your emails get delivered? Are you being considered a spammer? What about all those bounced emails?
Let's make sending lots of emails fun again!
And without the hidden dangers of vendor lock in of commercial transactional email services.
- Send email from your application using smtp in the usual way and get all sorts of added benefits for no effort
- A lovely web UI to browse what's happening
- Monitor in real time which emails arrive at their destination and which bounce
- Works with any web framework and language
Automatically not send emails to destinations that have hard bounced in the past
- Track which emails are opened and which links are clicked
Statistics on emails sent, soft/hard bounced and held back
View the full email content for recently sent emails
Multiple applications can each have their own SMTP authentication
- GraphQL API where anything you can do in the admin UI can do with the API
- Web callbacks on successful or failed deliveries of emails
Check your IP reputation with one click
Easy to install and get going quickly
Built in, super easy to set up, automatic DKIM signing
Postfix, which you know and trust, handles email delivery
Open source, so no vendor lock in.
Cuttlefish is in beta. It's been used in production by OpenAustralia Foundation's projects for several years and has sent many millions of emails."