config.js - editing/changing values is not reliable
luckow translator last edited by luckow
I added "allowGravatar": "false", in the config.js. "allowFreeUrl" is set to true. I restarted the app after editing values. 4 of 5 restarts doesn't change anything. One time it was possible to see no connection to cdn.libravatar.org the other 4 there was a connection.
It was never possible to use a freeurl for my instance. Free means - the user can choose the url for the document (instead of an auto generated BAQdUImATHWGqLiaopmTlg strings).
Is this the same on your instances?
See https://docs.hedgedoc.org/configuration/#users-and-privileges for more options.
I am not sure how hedgedoc handles the config file delivery, but an I can't see how an app restart would load an old config file.
Can you check if this is some caching issue? It seems you can fetch https://hedgedoc.example.com/config for your instance to verify the settings you've mentioned.
I can confirm that - more than one year later - thius is still an issue.
allowFreeUrl is set to "true", but if I try to set up a new pad via a url like
I just get an "404 Not Found oops." Message.
This should be fixed, it's not a problem of HedgeDoc - this feature works fine on standalone instances.
/config doesn't show any of the config fields, just:
window.domain = 'pad.geheim.de' window.urlpath = '' window.debug = false window.version = '1.9.4' window.allowedUploadMimeTypes = ["image/jpeg","image/png","image/gif","image/svg+xml"] window.linkifyHeaderStyle = 'keep-case' window.DROPBOX_APP_KEY = '' window.cookiePolicy = 'lax'
@rstockm thanks, can confirm.
cloudron env set CMD_ALLOW_FREEURL=true
makes it work. So, clearly the config is not getting picked up. Debugging...
OK, it is
allowFreeUrl. @rstockm Change the field in config.json and restart the app. That fixes it. I am making a new package with the typo fixed.
@girish Escellent - that does the trick, tanks for the quick support.
@rstockm ...by the way: it should be "true" by default. Such a convenient feature.
@rstockm this is the upstream default, so might be worthwhile opening an issue upstream.