HSCP - Hybrid SCP
robi last edited by
What is hscp
HSCP (Hybrid scp) is developed to transmit the large size file at high speed on the
long distance and wideband infrastructure. It has achieved the fast transfer by
changing the file transf -r part of scp into the UDP.
- A basic communication uses the ssl connection secured by ssh.
- UDP (non-encrypted) is used for the data communication.
Therefore, it is suitable for forwarding that doesn't need hiding secretly in data.
- High speed is obtained by not encrypting, and using the protocol of the UDP base
with a little influence of RTT.
- It corresponds to some platform (see Platform).
- The kernel modification and the system tuning is unnecessary.
The performance is obtained because of the setting of the program parameter.
- It is possible to use it as it is only by the binary program.
It only puts it on use as the server /usr/local/bin.
- It is also possible that the authentication method uses rsh instead of ssh. Please
select it when using it in the site.
- The function is added based on scp of OpenSSH. cf. http://www.openssh.com/index.html
- HSCP is using UDT for the UDP. cf. http://udt.sourceforge.net/index.html