- Website: https://retool.com/
- Cases: https://retool.com/customers/
- Producthunt: https://www.producthunt.com/posts/retool-self-hosted
What is Retool?
Retool is a fast and easy way to build and maintain internal tools, like admin panels, dashboards. It is a lowcode platform, build for techies or developers.
Retool has 4 fundamental pieces to it:
- list itemConnect your data sources, like PostgreSQL, Salesforce, Firebase, and 20+ more
- Connect your queries and logic to prebuilt components like tables, text inputs, and buttons
- Organize and connect your components into an app
Retool isn't just a front end, though – Retool take care of a lot of the pesky logic that internal tools tend to require, like scheduling queries, updating and writing data, and triggers. Retool apps are easy to share with your teammates and stakeholders, and Retool offer granular access management and audit logs to keep things secure.
Personally I would love to have a Cloudron server running at my company with a n8n, a directus and a retool instance. Those 3 would wield powerful combination. Directus and n8n is already apps that can be installed in Cloudron.
- n8n to do low/no-code automations, with cron-jobs, webhooks or other triggers
- directus to do structured content creation, as a headless cms
- retool to make dashboards and admin tools (that uses directus, or triggers n8n automations)
Found a nice stream using n8n and retool together: