this does sound a bit like you are getting new public IP addresses from time to time and thus the DNS records go out of sync. Are you using one of our automated DNS backends for that domain?
This is exactly the case. I did switch my IP address in my DNS settings (I'm using cloudflare) but I did notice my ISP has reassigned a new IP, so I've updated that, and I will take a look at the DDNS docs and try to set that and figure that out next!
If you visit the raw IP and you see the placeholder page talking about Cloudron, than at least we know you can reach there and the system is likely up and running fine, so that is a good start and likely just a DNS issue then.
When you say Raw IP do you mean the local or public? If I go to public, it still says cannot reach site, but I'm assuming thats something to do with DNS I still need to figure out. If I go to the local IP it does show the placeholder page for cloudron saying there are no apps yet installed here.
So my understanding is I have to make sure I make my DNS settings (through cloudflare) point my.domain.com to my public IP address and then port forward 443 and 80 to the local IP. Which as far as I can tell I've done. But I seem to keep ending up only reaching a placeholder page through local IP but nothing else. -- Sorry, I'm still really new to setting up servers and networking and using this as a learning project.. but I think I'm learning slowly lol. Thank you for your reply, and for reading