Cloudron makes it easy to run web apps like WordPress, Nextcloud, GitLab on your server. Find out more or install now.

Do all apps in the App Store use the FROM Cloudron:2.0 base build?

• I know any app from any FROM statement can run on Cloudron successfully. But I was just curious if all the official apps used it as their exclusive base?

• Staff

@Lonk Yes. The idea is to have all the common tools in the base image. I know there is a parallel world where people want to build minimalistic images but for Cloudron we want to make sure that if you get a Web terminal basic network, editing tools are available.

Also, it's best to put the hash as well.

FROM cloudron/base:2.0.0@sha256:f9fea80513aa7c92fe2e7bf3978b54c8ac5222f47a9a32a7f8833edf0eb5a4f4

Tthis is because dockerhub does not provide a way to accidentally not overwrite tags. this protects again us pushing into cloudron/base:2.0.0 by mistake.

• @girish Okay, gotcha, that makes sense. I think it’s a great idea. It’s not like your implementation isn’t “lean to an extent,” it’s just more “general purpose” lean I’m guessing. And yeah actually, I was curious that your cloudron Docker tag doesn’t / didn’t use the same versioning modem as Cloudron apps are required to have (2.0 instead of 2.0.0).