Cloudron makes it easy to run web apps like WordPress, Nextcloud, GitLab on your server. Find out more or install now.


SOLVED Errors in the Moodle logs



  •  Installation completed successfully.
    Oct 08 07:35:27 ==> Done.
    Oct 08 07:35:31 AH00558: apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 172.18.0.26. Set the 'ServerName' directive globally to suppress this message
    

    I only looked because I had 0.3.0 installed and it was unresponsive. I did an upgrade to 0.4.0 and it was still unresponsive.
    Uninstall / Reinstall got it working while watching the logs, where this popped up.



  • @robi said in Errors in the Moodle logs:

    I only looked because I had 0.3.0 installed and it was unresponsive. I did an upgrade to 0.4.0 and it was still unresponsive.
    Uninstall / Reinstall got it working

    I had exactly the same experience. I guess it's to be expected when apps are still unstable.

    I didn't actually check the logs though!


  • Staff

    The apache warning is to be expected. I guess we should set the server name explicitly in the configs, but it is not a failure reason.

    Still looks like there is some other bug lurking somewhere. If you hit that situation please check the logs further.


  • Staff

    Yes, @atrilahiji and I made several breaking changes. First, we switched db from mysql to postgres. Then we changed the whole code base to be non-read only. We didn't bother with proper updates since it is still unstable, sorry about that!


  • App Dev

    Yeah. The way Moodle handles plugins required moving the whole thing to /app/data. The PostgreSQL change was to align it with Moodle's recommendations.\

    fingers crossed we wont need to make any more breaking changes.



  • no worries, just reporting in case it was relevant.


Log in to reply