Cloudron makes it easy to run web apps like WordPress, Nextcloud, GitLab on your server. Find out more or install now.

SOLVED Resized Koel container to give it more memory but

• Since then It cannot restart and output this error :
    Nov 02 15:23:10 ==> Initializing or migrating koel
    Nov 02 15:23:11
    Nov 02 15:23:11 In PackageManifest.php line 177:
    Nov 02 15:23:11
    Nov 02 15:23:11 The /app/code/bootstrap/cache directory must be present and writable.
    9336fa8c-c874-4cac-8596-e690bb39276a-image.png

• It seems the cache folder do exist but for some reason Koel need to write there and it can't ?
    7500d6b2-356e-42c9-a06a-e97a42f6ff8a-image.png

• App Dev

@rmdes can you try mkdir /run/koel/bootstrap-cache ?

• @mehdi Where do I have to do this ?
    because in a ubuntu system the run folder is at the system level, should I create a folder there ?
    this makes no sense..since the /app/code/bootstrap/cache folder already exist but in a read-only place, what is clear is that if anyone resize the default Koel app these errors will enfold, if you don't the app start itself just fine :🙄

• App Dev

@rmdes to me, these errors do not seem linked to having resized the memory. I have no idea how resizing could cause this, I don't think it can.

It seems that this is a more general packaging bug.

@rmdes said in Resized Koel container to give it more memory but:

since the /app/code/bootstrap/cache folder already exist

No, it does not exist. According to your screenshot, it's not a folder that there is there, but a symlink to /run/koel/bootstrap-cache.

@rmdes said in Resized Koel container to give it more memory but:

Where do I have to do this ?

5cc10f66-ad42-4364-aa97-e4770134e0ad-image.png

Click on the Terminal button here, and do the command I said. (You may have to go to Repair tab first, enable recovery mode, do the command, then re-disable it.)

• @mehdi done, I created the folders but it does not change a thing, same error in loop, koel won't restart properly, cannot start actually.

• One thing is clear, since I resized the app cannot start anymore.
    Sadly I did not backup before crashing it, so I cannot go back and also I did not check prior to resizing if these errors were already there..but at least before the resizing these errors would not stop the app from working, I scanned 40gb of music, and I was listening songs just fine.

• App Dev

OK so it looks like a file ownership error. However, looking at the code, it seems that it's handled correctly ... I'm not sure what could cause this...

• App Dev

Oh, looking at the commit history, a new version 0.2.0 was released yesterday that fixes the permission error I was thinking of. Can you check if your app is up to date ?

• @rmdes said in Resized Koel container to give it more memory but:

@mehdi done, I created the folders but it does not change a thing, same error in loop, koel won't restart properly, cannot start actually.

Each time the container is restarted the folders created in /run/ are gone
    I recreated them but I'm not convinced this should even be done, probably this place should be in app/data/ instead of app/code right ?

• @mehdi I don't see any update over here, just install unstable koel yesterday night
    Package v0.2.0
    App v4.4.0

• Staff

Thanks for reporting. As @mehdi said, this seems like a packaging bug and not related to resize itself. I will look into it. I am yet to write tests for the package, so it would have been caught there.

• Staff

This is fixed with the latest package 0.3.0.