Transmission - Package Updates
This topic is to track Transmission package updates.
Please open issues in a separate topic instead of replying here.
- Initial version
- Add doc and forum url
- Update base image to v3
- Enable basicAuth flag
- Use base image 3.2.0
- Use base image 4.0.0
- Update tranmission to 4.0.1
- Full changelog
- Resource Efficiency - Use less memory and fewer CPU cycles
- Better Community - Pull requests welcomed and used
- Code Modernization - Migrated from C90 to modern C++
- New Features - What would a major release be without them?
- Support for using BitTorrent v2 torrents and hybrid torrents. (Support for creating v2 and hybrid torrents is slated for an upcoming release.)
- Users can now set "default" trackers that can be used to announce all public torrents.
- Newly-added seeds can start immediately and verify pieces on demand, instead of needing a full verify before seeding can begin. (#2626)
- Added an option to omit potentially-identifying information (e.g. User-Agent and date created) when creating new torrents. (#3452)
- The Web client has been rewritten and now supports mobile use.
- When creating new torrents, users can now specify the piece size. (#3768, #3145, #2805)
- IPv6 blocklists are now supported. (#3835)
- Update transmission to 4.0.2
- Full changelog
- Fixed 4.0.1 bug where some torrents thought they were magnet links. (#5025)
- Fixed 4.0.0 bug that broke watchdirs in the macOS client. (#5058, macOS Client)
- Fixed 4.0.0 bug where download speed limits were ignored for uTP peers. (#5086)
- Fixed 4.0.0 bug using announce-list when creating single-tracker private torrents. (#5106)