Cloudron makes it easy to run web apps like WordPress, Nextcloud, GitLab on your server. Find out more or install now.

Skip to content

Directus

44 Topics 447 Posts
  • Directus - Package Updates

Pinned
    4 Votes
    106 Posts
    3k Views
    nebulonN

[1.40.5]

Fix marketplace extension installation
  • 1 Votes
    4 Posts
    nebulonN

It is only created within the directus app instance. Different apps run isolated from one another on Cloudron. So if I understand you correctly, you are trying to build your own custom app next to directus? If so you need to set the source your own /app/data/env.sh with the export of the env var.

• 0 Votes
    5 Posts
    nebulonN

This should be fixed now with latest package. Unfortunately I found that if a previous extension installation failed, the database would contain that info, making it impossible to install the same extension again. So you may have to manually delete records from the database to get over this 😕

• Directus fail to create an user from Cloudron Open ID

Moved Unsolved
    1 Votes
    12 Posts
    njN

I also have this problem. The error is that I can't use Login with cloudron because their default authentication source (provider) is set to 'default'. I can change that to 'cloudron'. But still while logging in, it will say 'invalid_provider'. Once I locked my admin account out by changing the source to 'cloudron' then changed the provider using postgres query. Issue still remains unsolved, but since all users have their passwords it's not been an urgent problem. But still.. worth looking into it.

• 0 Votes
    3 Posts
    girishG

There are some further notes in https://docs.directus.io/getting-started/architecture.html#versioning . For them, "Minor — A new feature or meaningful improvement to an existing feature: may or may not be breaking."

I think Cloudron packaging has to follow what upstream does, otherwise, every minor release now becomes a major in Cloudron. Maybe best to turn off automatic updates for Directus and analyze each Cloudron package update?

• App status stuck on "Starting..."

Unsolved
    1 Votes
    7 Posts
    girishG

@shrey said in App status stuck on "Starting...":

ECONNREFUSED

This is normal. When the app is still starting up, it's not responding to health check requests and refusing connection. As long as it becomes 'Running' eventually, all is good.

• Issue with very high memory usage

Solved
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    girishG

@shrey it's related to s3 adapter. we just use the upstream one, so it's not related to cloudron end.

• Installing Directus Extensions

Solved
    2 Votes
    13 Posts
    andreasduerenA

Seems to work like a charm!

• cannot install Directus CLI

0 Votes
    6 Posts
    J

@micmc I worked through this and got everything working in the past. I had to install the directus-cli on my local machine and use something like Visual Studio Code or similar program to connect to my Directus instance hosted inside Cloudron, to run the AgencyOS importer.

Separate from that, I forked the "AgencyOS" code base to a private Github repo and published using Vercel for the frontend.

Based on my experience, because anything outside of /app/data/ on Cloudron is read only, I had to break apart the AgencyOS frontend and then just connect back to Directus.

I'd be aware, AgencyOS is still under active development and it was created as more of a proof of concept, so in my experience you're bound have quite a few issues. But I got it working in the past, but take lots and lots of backups for both the frontend and your directus instance.

• Access-Control-Allow-Origin

Solved
    2 Votes
    6 Posts
    J

@samsls Thanks for following up with me on this!

I used the Directus CLI with a Token for the admin account to import the data into a "default vanilla installation of Directus". Everything imported without any issues. Afterwards, I deployed the front end using Vercel from a private GitHub repo.

Based on the reply from @girish, I put some additional configuration into the env.sh file and restarted Directus.

export CORS_ENABLED="true" export CORS_ORIGIN="domain1.com,app-name.vercel.app" export CORS_METHODS="GET,POST,PATCH,DELETE,OPTIONS" export CORS_ALLOWED_HEADERS="Content-Type,Authorization" export CORS_EXPOSED_HEADERS="Content-Range" export CORS_CREDENTIALS="true" export CORS_MAX_AGE="18000"

I've placed that into the env.sh as a wide-open test to at least see if I could get it working, but no luck.

I know there are some other options, that you can force some of these settings into your Vercel deployment using the vercel.json file, but haven't gotten to that yet.

There are some open issues that it seems they're looking into based on their GitHub.

CORS issues for client portal in "PROD" like deployment Fetch the data from the server side instead of the client?
  • Directs freezing in one data model after upgrade

Solved
    1 Votes
    5 Posts
    andreasduerenA

Yes seems to work thank you!

• Custom API endpoint

Solved
    0 Votes
    14 Posts
    ruihildtR

Thank you for helping me make it work.

Strange this .mjs thing with them, I'm going to open an issue with them.

• How to balance with other apps?

0 Votes
    4 Posts
    robiR

Those are only container upper limits, not what the apps will use.

You can significantly increase the size of the swap file for more headroom, but things will slow down while swapping. You'll want more RAM as certain apps will use a lot more when you start heavier use.

Cost wise, there are server providers that max RAM such as Contabo and SSDNodes at a decent price.

• How to update/change a package.json in /app/code

Locked Moved Solved
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    girishG

Documented here - https://docs.cloudron.io/apps/directus/#custom-modules

• Is 350ms ping on directus normal?

1 Votes
    2 Posts
    nebulonN

Directus is using postgres on Cloudron, see https://git.cloudron.io/cloudron/directus-app/-/blob/master/CloudronManifest.json#L15

Regarding the ping, took me a bit to realize that you have to hover over that wifi signal strength icon. However on a fresh install here on a not so beefy server it shows values around 50ms. But more importantly I am not actually sure what this represents and what the usefulness of this is.

• How to install npm packages in your app?

Moved
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    D

I've found this:
    https://docs.cloudron.io/apps/directus/

Example Link is not working:
    https://github.com/directus/directus/blob/main/api/example.env

• 2 Votes
    4 Posts
    girishG

@pbischoff said in Scaling/vCPU core usage of Directus in Cloudron:

But this is a problem for almost every node.js app of the cloudron App Store, isn't it? Do they all use only one vCPU core?

Apps like NodeBB (this forum) support so called cluster mode - https://nodejs.org/api/cluster.html . Essentially, this creates worker threads to spread load across CPU. This is part of nodejs.

But to keep in mind, nodejs by itself can handle quite a bit of parallelism with just one CPU. Most of the work done by the main process is just http request processing. This is usually I/O bound and not CPU bound. Nodejs being asynchronous can handle requests in parallel in just one process quite easily. We are talking about 1000s of requests a second.

Many other nodejs apps like Cloudron code itself, peertube, offload the processing of static assets to a side installation of nginx. So, when downloading images/css files etc, it doesn't even hit nodejs. When node code has to do heavy work, it usually just puts it in a queue and the queue handler is a separate process (which can thus be restarted and killed easily). The queue handler will use another cpu core.

For directus, I am not an expert on the app. But, you want to maybe use some worker thread or queue or something like that to make use of more CPUs.

• Unable to connect to a DigitalOcean managed database

Solved
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    S

@girish said in Unable to connect to a DigitalOcean managed database:

None of the feature like backup/restore will work

So far, they've been working fine. Because, all that's required to be backed up in such cases is the app code. Of course, as the database is external, it is accepted that the backup system is external & independent to Cloudron.

@girish said in Unable to connect to a DigitalOcean managed database:

Not an expert on the apps and I don't know if it's the main purpose. But they work just fine with fresh databases as well where you use it like a nocode/locode app.

Yes, pairing up with external databases is indeed, one of the primary features of these apps. And using a fresh database is just one of the features, and not always preferred.

You might want to state clearly and prominently, particularly in the cases of such apps, that external connections are not allowed/recommended.

• Can't set up a Directus instance at all

Unsolved
    0 Votes
    15 Posts
    nebulonN

The latest package has a higher default memory limit and is more reliable now during initial setup. So please try to install a fresh instance.

• Unable to update, automatically or manually

Solved
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    girishG

@devtron this should be out now. 1.24.1-2 is the correct package.