Cloudron makes it easy to run web apps like WordPress, Nextcloud, GitLab on your server. Find out more or install now.

Skip to content

Jitsi

32 Topics 364 Posts
  • Jitsi - Package Updates

Pinned Locked
    0 Votes
    16 Posts
    nebulonN

We have unlisted Jitsi now from the library, since we were not able to update it and the version we have last packaged is getting very old.

Already installed instances can still be restored.

• Jitsi unlisted from app store

Pinned
    5 Votes
    7 Posts
    L

@mario said in Jitsi unlisted from app store:

It's not based on Jitsi. At Nextcloud, we developed (I used to be a developer there) everything from scratch based on WebRTC.

Hey, thanks for clearing that up for us! Also, thank you for helping develop Nextcloud.

Do you think many people in the Nextcloud community are aware of Cloudron and how easy it makes Nextcloud? What do you like about Nextcloud?

• Disable Self-Unmuting

0 Votes
    8 Posts
    girishG

@mdc773 since it may not have been obvious, I made a separate top level post for this - https://forum.cloudron.io/topic/11084/jitsi-unlisted-from-app-store . thanks.

• net::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    girishG

If you go to Domains -> Renew all certs , check the logs as to why certificate renewals are failing

• Video issue

0 Votes
    7 Posts

Given that Jitsi on Cloudron can't be maintained for the time being I'd expect those kind of issues to not be solved (I also experienced that problem). We do need an alternative.

• Updates to Jitsi

0 Votes
    11 Posts
    robiR

@micmc said in Jitsi - Package Updates:

Yeah but that would be totally new

Not at all new, just unexplored.

It's a trivial config change with zero impact on Cloudron and additional DinD benefits.

• 1 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • Change logo for jitsi

0 Votes
    4 Posts
    bmannB

Duplicate of https://forum.cloudron.io/topic/9427/jitsi-branding, let's close this one and use the branding one for requests.

• Jitsi Branding

Moved
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    bmannB

Yes, please expose branding so that we can easily integrate into a suite of services.

• Jitsi session recording

Unsolved
    2 Votes
    38 Posts
    2k Views
    L

What is the latest on using Jitsi to record Jitsi? Has anybody had success with this?

• Authentication support?

Solved
    2 Votes
    61 Posts
    3k Views
    K

Located the problem: it's something about the password length. Tested it with different length with a shorter password it works now

• No sound in Jitsi...

Solved
    0 Votes
    49 Posts
    3k Views
    potemkin_aiP

btw, the script I'm using requires Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, guess there might be a reason for that...

• Jitsi JWT Token

Unsolved
    1 Votes
    6 Posts
    R

HI,
    I am also interested in implementing JWT on Jitsi with Cloudron. Have there been any changes after a year from the request? Has anyone found a way to implement this or is it not possible yet?

• whiteboard (excalidraw-backend) missing

3 Votes
    2 Posts
    jdaviescoatesJ

@eserv would be great to have this!

But looks like perhaps it's a plugin or something?

I also note from https://plus.excalidraw.com/excalidraw-plus-vs-excalidraw that the properly open source version of excalidraw doesn't have collaborative editing, so I wonder how this Jitsi exalidraw extention is getting around that?

Also, fyi afaik we're a few version behind with Jitsi atm becaus @nebulon has been struggling to get the latest version to work, I think.

• Jitsi: Errors and warnings during startup

Unsolved
    2 Votes
    9 Posts
    jdaviescoatesJ

@nebulon said in Jitsi: Errors and warnings during startup:

I will try further to get the new versions out

Thanks and good luck with that! 🤞 🙏

• Share your experience with Jitsi

2 Votes
    2 Posts
    jdaviescoatesJ

@frei said in Share your experience with Jitsi:

The client's intention is to host educational conference calls with tens or hundreds of callers. Is this a reasonable expectation?

I'd guess not

For something like that you're likely going to want a bare metal install, and possibly BigBlueButton which was built for exactly that instead of Jitsi

• 0 Votes
    4 Posts
    allanboweA

Edit: it's definitely jitsi in Matrix, this is what we were presented with for our 3 way (successful) video call, with screen sharing:

8d4b28c5-9035-4be2-8b68-cec1de5558c7-image.png

Was just stock cloudron matrix, using the stock cloudron element web client on the customer side of the call.

95477f5b-1ba7-4641-9d9e-2b72cf274b59-image.png

We could not do a successful 3-way video call with this same customer, on the same browser, using the stock standalone cloudron jitsi instance.

We're on cloudron 7.2.5

• Customizing Jitsi

1 Votes
    9 Posts
    dev-cbD

@nebulon I noticed that the deprecated notice was added in Mar, 2021.

Unfortunately there is no official development roadmap so it might just take much longer.

• 0 Votes
    11 Posts
    nebulonN

@benborges allowing to change the port is just a limitation of the platform, where marking specific ports as locked is not yet supported.

• Cert files accumulating - need cleanup

Solved
    2 Votes
    2 Posts
    girishG

@robi good catch. Looks like the upstream package generates "backup" cert files on every install. Not sure why, they are all just self signed certs. I made our startup script delete them.