I took the time to manually re-save each app Location tab to recreate the logrotate file as per the workaround, which resulted in a bit of downtime for each app. 😕
I then ran the sudo logrotate -f /home/yellowtent/platformdata/logrotate.d/* command and saved roughly half a GB in logs directory alone (I see the mongodb and graphite folders among others went much smaller too, presumably due to restarting of the apps?). So basically 500 MB in extra logs and that's only on a server that's been running for only about a week, presumably would have grown much further in just another week or two too if the logrotate files weren't regenerated.
I really hope this will be fixed in the next bug-fix release.ubuntu@my:~$ sudo du -ch -d 1 /home/yellowtent/platformdata/ | sort -hr 3.2G total 3.2G /home/yellowtent/platformdata/ 2.2G /home/yellowtent/platformdata/mysql 422M /home/yellowtent/platformdata/mongodb 229M /home/yellowtent/platformdata/graphite 171M /home/yellowtent/platformdata/logs 97M /home/yellowtent/platformdata/postgresql 54M /home/yellowtent/platformdata/backup 17M /home/yellowtent/platformdata/redis 4.0M /home/yellowtent/platformdata/nginx 192K /home/yellowtent/platformdata/update 176K /home/yellowtent/platformdata/collectd 172K /home/yellowtent/platformdata/logrotate.d 36K /home/yellowtent/platformdata/addons 16K /home/yellowtent/platformdata/sftp 8.0K /home/yellowtent/platformdata/firewall 4.0K /home/yellowtent/platformdata/acme