Cloudron makes it easy to run web apps like WordPress, Nextcloud, GitLab on your server. Find out more or install now.


Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Bookmarks
  • Search
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Brand Logo

Cloudron Forum

Offical apps | Community apps | Demo | Docs | Install
  1. Cloudron Forum
  2. Community Packages
  3. AppsMonitor - monitoring for your Cloudron

AppsMonitor - monitoring for your Cloudron

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Community Packages
29 Posts 6 Posters 1.1k Views 5 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • nichu42N nichu42

    @timconsidine Fresh install fails with
    An error occurred during the install operation: Nginx Error: Error reloading nginx: /usr/bin/sudo exited with code 1 signal null

    timconsidineT
    timconsidineT
    timconsidine
    App Dev
    wrote last edited by timconsidine
    #21

    @nichu42 just checking : is that AppsMonitor ? or AppInspector ?
    (sequence of messages leaves me unclear)

    EDIT : I did a fresh install of AppsMonitor and did not meet any errors.
    Is that message from the app's Logs panel ? or where did it show up ?

    Indie app dev, scratching my itches : communityapps.appx.uk, portfolio at myca.appx.uk

    nichu42N 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • timconsidineT timconsidine

      @nichu42 just checking : is that AppsMonitor ? or AppInspector ?
      (sequence of messages leaves me unclear)

      EDIT : I did a fresh install of AppsMonitor and did not meet any errors.
      Is that message from the app's Logs panel ? or where did it show up ?

      nichu42N
      nichu42N
      nichu42
      wrote last edited by
      #22

      @timconsidine It is AppsMonitor and it appears during the installation after it failed.

      Matrix: @nichu42:beeper.com

      timconsidineT 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • nichu42N nichu42

        @timconsidine It is AppsMonitor and it appears during the installation after it failed.

        timconsidineT
        timconsidineT
        timconsidine
        App Dev
        wrote last edited by
        #23

        @nichu42 strange : not showing in my live or test instances.
        I've done 5 test installs of AppsMonitor today

        So probably need to start some basic 'differences' test :
        I'm running cloudron 9.2
        Are you the same or are you upgraded to 10 ?

        Any logs showing what was happening before the crash ?

        Indie app dev, scratching my itches : communityapps.appx.uk, portfolio at myca.appx.uk

        nichu42N 1 Reply Last reply
        1
        • timconsidineT timconsidine

          @nichu42 strange : not showing in my live or test instances.
          I've done 5 test installs of AppsMonitor today

          So probably need to start some basic 'differences' test :
          I'm running cloudron 9.2
          Are you the same or are you upgraded to 10 ?

          Any logs showing what was happening before the crash ?

          nichu42N
          nichu42N
          nichu42
          wrote last edited by
          #24

          @timconsidine I am on 10.0.5
          I didn't spot anything useful in the log. But I am on vacation and only have my mini screen Fairphone with me do I might have missed something.

          Matrix: @nichu42:beeper.com

          timconsidineT 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • nichu42N nichu42

            @timconsidine I am on 10.0.5
            I didn't spot anything useful in the log. But I am on vacation and only have my mini screen Fairphone with me do I might have missed something.

            timconsidineT
            timconsidineT
            timconsidine
            App Dev
            wrote last edited by
            #25

            @nichu42 no problem, enjoy the holiday, let me know if you get further information afterwards

            Indie app dev, scratching my itches : communityapps.appx.uk, portfolio at myca.appx.uk

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • timconsidineT
              timconsidineT
              timconsidine
              App Dev
              wrote last edited by timconsidine
              #26

              AppsMonitor has been updated to support better disk usage reporting, free space monitoring, velocity detection/flagging and alerting. Probably best explained with screenshots.

              Disk usage general :
              Screenshot 2026-09-23 at 23-43-46 Dashboard - AppsMonitor.png

              Disk usage beakdown + growth / velocity checks :
              Screenshot 2026-09-23 at 23-41-40 Dashboard - AppsMonitor.png

              Settings including alerting and disk usage report parameters :
              Screenshot 2026-09-23 at 23-42-38 Settings - AppsMonitor.png

              Note : settings shown are for testing. Setting frequency too fast can impact system performance.

              This is tested on my Cloudron, and I only have one. But there's such a wide usage of deployments, disk sizes, apps deployed and how are they used, it is impossible for me to test fully. Feedback welcome.

              Alerts are email and Telegram. I can look at adding a webhook sender, so it can be received in other systems. I don't want to create excessive number of channels (more maintenance and breaking).

              Indie app dev, scratching my itches : communityapps.appx.uk, portfolio at myca.appx.uk

              1 Reply Last reply
              2
              • timconsidineT
                timconsidineT
                timconsidine
                App Dev
                wrote last edited by
                #27

                Sample Telegram message :

                AppsMonitor [HIGH]
                
                / is filling up
                Free space down 1.0% in 4 min
                Usage: 63.0%
                Projected to fill in ~3h
                

                Indie app dev, scratching my itches : communityapps.appx.uk, portfolio at myca.appx.uk

                1 Reply Last reply
                1
                • robiR
                  robiR
                  robi
                  wrote last edited by
                  #28

                  Brilliant!

                  Looks mighty useful.

                  Well done.

                  Conscious tech

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • timconsidineT
                    timconsidineT
                    timconsidine
                    App Dev
                    wrote last edited by timconsidine
                    #29

                    AppsMonitor updated to 0.0.20 in order to make it work on Cluodron 10.0.5.
                    But this means the public page is not working (maybe it’s not even a feature which many want).

                    Public page functionality will be restored when Cloudron 10.1.0 is released.

                    Indie app dev, scratching my itches : communityapps.appx.uk, portfolio at myca.appx.uk

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    1

                    Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                    Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                    With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                    Register Login
                    Reply
                    • Reply as topic
                    Log in to reply
                    • Oldest to Newest
                    • Newest to Oldest
                    • Most Votes


                    • Login

                    • Don't have an account? Register

                    • Login or register to search.
                    • First post
                      Last post
                    0
                    • Categories
                    • Recent
                    • Tags
                    • Popular
                    • Bookmarks
                    • Search