Cloudron makes it easy to run web apps like WordPress, Nextcloud, GitLab on your server. Find out more or install now.

New Nextcloud 4.4.0 update with Integrated TURN Query

• We have Nextcloud installed with a TURN server manually provisioned as per my post: https://forum.cloudron.io/topic/1846/manual-coturn-install-for-nextcloud/10?_=1585310908753

I have held back on the update as I wanted to know whether I should disable/uninstall what I've done to manually provison a TURN server. TBH - I would prefer to go with the 'official' integrated version from Cloudron.

Also - does the new update add a A record for a TURN server? If so - should I delete the existing one before I go ahead with an upgrade too?

• Staff

Thanks for your coturn write up. We did refer to that when we added turn support in Cloudron 5.1, in fact.

On how to update: you can just uninstall turn server (and also free up the turn ports on the host). The turn server is exposed at my.domain.com, so no need to setup an extra A record. The nextcloud talk app is pre-configured to use the integrated turn server. You can just "re-configure" the app (for example, just go to Location and click save without making any changes) and it should overwrite your old turn settings and put the new one.