Cloudron makes it easy to run web apps like WordPress, Nextcloud, GitLab on your server. Find out more or install now.

Group-Office (Sogo/Nextcloud Alternative + ActiveSync)

• Hi everyone,
    I started looking for possible solutions to the problem we are having in building the image of Sogo with ActiveSync and not finding a solution (if you want to try to help, find the issue here).

So I looked for an alternative:
    What do you think of GroupOffice?

They have a rather complete free version, with modules:

• e-mail (Sieve, Multiple mail for account)
    • list itemcontacts
    • list itemcalendar
    • list itemfile (webdav compatible)
    • list itemactivesync (with also a module to control activesync)

• The sharing system is very complete like that of sogo, there can be email accounts, calendars, address book and shared drives.

it is entirely written in PHP so creating a dockerimage should not be a problem, the only disadvantage is that the developers are not very active even if they continue to release bugfixes, they do not have deadlines for new features.

2beaba8d-ac86-434e-ab5c-756f505eb8b7-image.png
    2f120986-69f3-4a0b-95ae-ae761dd5f934-image.png
    c9e456cb-f2d8-43fd-b619-c54811bd2105-image.png
    07b6d262-cc9a-49ec-8ac9-860f37073c33-image.png

• Sounds interesting, especially because of Active Sync. But the Pro Version is required.

You can optionally install ActiveSync support. You need the professional version of Group-Office for this to work. This functionality will be added through the installation of Z-Push. Proceed to the Z-push installation page.

https://www.group-office.com/wiki/ActiveSync

• App Dev

Interesting find - If it is all PHP based, the the LAMP app can help test and get a feel for all the features. Looks like there is a pro license you can get for more features too.

The lamp app will work but the tnef, poppler-utils packages will need to be installed to get all the free features working. These packages only affect PDF and winmail.dat readability.

• @Captain-Kirk the wiki is deprecated, active sync is a free protocol now, no more licence from Microsoft needed, i have it installed for testing and its work.

Collabora is in the pro version.