Cloudron makes it easy to run web apps like WordPress, Nextcloud, GitLab on your server. Find out more or install now.

SOLVED Remote SQL Support on a per app basis

• Oh, the irony. I got a VPS because my shared host didn’t allow Remote SQL-ing into the database. And lo and behold, I found out yesterday there was no way to make Sequel Pro work with Cloudron Subcontainers. I have a couple ideas. Like making an SSH user that auto-logs into an app with cloudron exec so that Sequel Pro can just use its SSH feature to remote SQL. But I don’t know if running a command automatically after logging into SSH is even possible.

This was mainly discussed here, but I think it’s be a great addition to Cloudron to have:

https://forum.cloudron.io/topic/3235/does-cloudron-support-remote-sql/5

And this may have been one of the primary reasons I switched to an VPS but I fell in love with Cloudron after this week so I can make due with PHPMyAdmin as soon as I find out if I can “side-install” it into the Wordpress Unmanaged app.

• Staff

I haven't used Sequel Pro, but you can connect using MySQL Workbench using the "Standard TCP/IP over SSH". Most modern clients should support this since it's the standard way to connect to databases behind a bastion host.

The MySQL hostname is gotten from output of docker inspect mysql | grep IPAddress on Cloudron. The other mysql values are gotten from cloudron exec --app myapp env | grep CLOUDRON_MYSQL.

0ba69082-4ce6-416d-bdaa-e642a506dfa0-image.png

4bb615ff-2dcb-44bf-bba1-7bedd415d0e2-image.png

• @girish It worked perfectly! You are my hero rn. Sequel Pro is so much better than PHPMyAdmin ever could be. There's no way I could have figured out all of those commands to get the credentials on my own, thank you so much for telling me how you do it! ☺

• @girish Just bookmarked your reply since I know I'll need it for other apps in the future. You have no idea how grateful I am. ☺