Harbor - Container Registry and more
robi last edited by
Made by VMware, this “enterprise-class registry server” is more than just a registry. It presents many features:
- Role based access control: users and repositories are organized via ‘projects’ and a user can have different permissions for images under a project.
- Policy based image replication: images can be replicated (synchronized) between multiple registry instances, with auto-retry on errors. Great for load balancing, high availability, multi-datacenter, hybrid and multi-cloud scenarios.
- Vulnerability Scanning: Harbor regularly scans images and warns users of vulnerabilities. (maybe extend this to Apps?)
- LDAP/AD support: Harbor integrates with existing enterprise LDAP/AD for user authentication and management.
- Image deletion & garbage collection: images can be deleted and their space can be recycled.
- Notary: image authenticity can be ensured.
- Graphical user portal: user can easily browse, search repositories and manage projects.
- Auditing: all the operations to the repositories are tracked.
- RESTful API: RESTful APIs for most administrative operations, easy to integrate with external systems.