We just published security updates to the stable version 1.4 and the LTS versions 1.3 and 1.2 of Roundcube Webmail. They all contain fixes to a recently reported stored XSS vulnerability. The 1.4.10 release also contains a few general improvements from our issue tracker.
Security fix: Stored cross-site scripting (XSS) via HTML or plain text messages with malicious content
Credits for this finding go to Alex Birnberg.
We strongly recommend to update all productive installations of Roundcube with these new versions.
CHANGELOG for 1.4.10:
- Fix extra angle brackets in In-Reply-To header derived from mailto: params (#7655)
- Fix folder list issue when special folder is a subfolder (#7647)
- Fix Elastic's folder subscription toggle in search result (#7653)
- Fix state of subscription toggle on folders list after changing folder state from the search result (#7653)
- Security: Fix cross-site scripting (XSS) via HTML or plain text messages with malicious content