linode install of mastadon via Cloudron
- set up linode account
- Cloudron first app install (in order to install Mastadon)
- Forwarded a test domain of mine from GoDaddy to Linode
- mytestdomain.com (fake name) now replaces the assigned IP 129.blah blah of my Linode Ubuntu server instance
- Used Cloudron to install Mastadon
- made username for my admin dashboard
- Installed RoundCube and successfully can send email from another email host I have to (fake names) firstname.lastname@example.org
Now I want to, via one method or the other, to apply a new domain name to my Matadon application.
As in: https://mynewdomain.com in a browser will open immediately to my Mastadon server installation -- to the Public Users generic page with info about signing up, etc.
From what I have read once Mastadon is setup (like mine) to use one domain then I can't simply go through steps to change my default domain url to a new domain.
To install a Mastadon application using another URL than the one now installed where do I begin?
because the linode dashboard is now using my previous domain url do I have to set up ANOTHER Ubuntu installation and assign the new URL intended to be used by my Mastadon application?
Or do I have to set up a completely new Linode account for exclusive use of my new URL so that I can use a New Cloudron installation and then another installation of Mastadon?
Bouncing back and forth beween Linode, Cloudron and Mastadon documents I can't see the Best Use solution.
Thank you for answering with the Steps I need to implement!
robi last edited by
@debossnow In Cloudron you can easily change the domain of any app by using the gear icon and the location section menu.