the current feature set only allows to exclude apps and schedule the frequency of backups.
At the same time all apps run one after the other and the backup speed is rather slow with 3-7 MBps.
This leads to two problems:
- apps with many and/or large files Nextcloud) take longer than the set backup rhythm (in may case 12h). As a result I have no backups for all other apps or the backup run aborts completely.
- apps with a high change rate need many backups, but these are prevented by the apps with the large files (Nextcloud).
- backups should be accelerated. E.g. by running the transfer in parallel for several apps.
- there should be database backups with separate schedules. (in many cases one could do without files, but not database changes).
- there should be different schedules for the apps (Nextcloud once a week, Redmine every 2 hours)
- it should be possible to exclude external volumes from the backup
I would be happy if something would improve on this topic.