Cloudron makes it easy to run web apps like WordPress, Nextcloud, GitLab on your server. Find out more or install now.

Skip to content

Off-topic

Anything else not related to Cloudron

254 Topics 2.0k Posts
  • 3 Votes
    6 Posts
    jdaviescoatesJ

@robi said in Contabo: New EU datacenter 100% green energy -- Coming 2024:

@jdaviescoates You could set up an S3 gateway in front that does support path style with Minio.

Thanks, but I'd rather just use providers that do support virtual host style. Very happy with Scaleway for my purposes 🙂

• linode renamed to akamai

5 Votes
    2 Posts
    L

RIP current pricing as well, won't be long before it goes up. Lot's going to change over at Linode over the next 12 months.

• Anyone using Pfsense on a sff mini PC?

0 Votes
    8 Posts
    P

@humptydumpty it does matter, I remember finding which version was best on servethehome I think.
    One of the models if I recall wasn’t suggested

• Now an LLC

9 Votes
    10 Posts
    doodlemania2D

@Thedurancode for sure - please email me at support@thedoodleproject.net and I can get you set up.

• SSHFS Mount On RDP Server

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    nebulonN

This is a Cloudron related forum. I know you posted this in the off topic section, but still I am not exactly sure what you are asking for.

• Best Linux for old 2009 iMac

0 Votes
    6 Posts
    5k Views
    godofbiscuitsG

@LoudLemur for what it’s worth, all iMacs pre-retina screens can be used as external monitors hooked up via HDMI. You can even use it as a dumb HDMI monitor while the machine itself is doing something entirely different, like being a file server. Probably even if it’s running Linux. The monitor trick is done in hardware.

• 0 Votes
    3 Posts
    girishG

@Synthesis6117 apps can connect to any external service, including a database.

Cloudron pre-provisions a database and configures an app to use the database. This is part of our packaging. This is true for WP developer and WP managed.

However, for the LAMP app, one cannot pre-configure the database since it's "user" code. You can configure the LAMP app to use any database. However, the backup/restore functionality won't work when using an external database. The backup/restore can only backup and restore what is on the Cloudron - the code in this case.

• BGP alerter

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    JOduMonTJ

@timconsidine said in BGP alerter:

What is BGP?

it's the glue of internet 😛
    what's make the magic happen in the Best-Effort delivery of Internet.
    https://bgp.he.net/report/peers

• The fastest grep? ripgrep

2 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • ServerBox app

3 Votes
    3 Posts
    timconsidineT

@robi 👍 (just a sample image from their website)

• 3 Votes
    2 Posts
    jdaviescoatesJ

@jordanurbs I can't really help other than spreading the word, but I LOVE this!

I remember seeing a similar proprietary tools years ago and I've been wanting an open source alternative ever since!

I really hope this gets picked up by someone! Thanks for sharing! 🙏

• FOSDEM 2023 4 & 5 February 2023

5 Votes
    2 Posts
    L

@luckow said in FOSDEM 2023 4 & 5 February 2023:

If anyone is nearby (Brussels), they should visit the openHAB booth and find out about the new app in the Cloudron App Store (sorry - I don't have a booth number at the moment).

I am one of the hosts at the booth. We can always talk about other topics as well 😉

https://www.cloudron.io/store/org.openhab.cloudronapp.html

https://fosdem.org/2023/news/2022-12-08-accepted-stands-fosdem-2023/

Since the event is near Brussels, there might be quite a few Odoo supporters there. Support for Odoo and Flectra on Cloudron seems to have floundered. It never quite made it to the supported applications, but perhaps there might be some there who would find it useful...

• 2 Votes
    3 Posts
    L

@jdaviescoates said in Self-Host a Map on which visitors can mark a location?:

Not exactly what looking for, but this is a pretty cool little project run by a friend of mine:

https://murmurations.network/

See also mapping stuff being done by this great co-op

https://digitalcommons.coop/

That is indeed very cool. Good project.

• 5 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • Sysbox vs 'normal' docker

1 Votes
    4 Posts
    robiR

@timconsidine have you not visited their website?

Networking is no different as they're still docker containers, now running the sysbox-runc runtime.

All your questions and more are answered there 😏

• Merry Christmas!

11 Votes
    6 Posts
    robiR

• Internet radio station(s)

1 Votes
    8 Posts
    L

@luckow We have App Requests for LibreTime, which is internet radio station software.

• Oddly worded transfer message at Porkbun

1 Votes
    3 Posts
    L

Just terminology, not winning and losing in the sense you think. ICANN refers to the registrar you are transferring away from as the losing registrar and the other as the gaining registrar.

• 0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • Black Friday Deals Post 'Em Here!

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    humptydumptyH

Contabo deals 50% off.

eb6d683b-fbe4-4dce-93a6-23c8ec7a168a-image.png