Cloudron makes it easy to run web apps like WordPress, Nextcloud, GitLab on your server. Find out more or install now.

Skip to content

Cubby

24 Topics 190 Posts
  • Cubby - Package Updates

Pinned
    0 Votes
    45 Posts
    2k Views
    nebulonN

[2.0.11]

Prepare for group folder Better download archive names Use more Pankow UI element components
  • Cubby access to mounted volume

0 Votes
    8 Posts
    nebulonN

Volumes are quite special for most apps, as many apps only work from a single data root which is usually somewhere in /app/data/ so webdav or so provided by the app usually does not work.

I guess instead of using an app as a workaround you really would need other protocols for the volume, not the app to access the filesystem of that?

• desktop client for cubby?

1 Votes
    2 Posts
    nebulonN

Oh never heard of that product! But seems liks it is renamed/discontinued sind a long time https://www.theregister.com/2016/10/18/logmein_cubby_closing/

For your actual question, no desktop client exists (yet) But if anyone is interested in building one I am happy to help.

• 1 Votes
    6 Posts
    humptydumptyH

@nebulon awesome! thank you!

• Upload speeds

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    nebulonN

No throttling is happening within cubby, so it's as fast as the upload connection to your server.

• enhancing share links for better privacy

1 Votes
    4 Posts
    nebulonN

My time for cubby is always limited due to the main work in Cloudron, but since it's just an open source project, I am happy to accept fixes and merge requests of course. The repo is at https://git.cloudron.io/cloudron/cubby

• Size limitation

Unsolved
    1 Votes
    3 Posts
    P

Ok, thank you Nebulon.

• Wrong content-type handling

Solved
    0 Votes
    14 Posts
    P

Yes it works for all the files we are using, no zip so far ! Good Job Nebulon

• Versions 2.0.3: Share not always working

Solved
    1 Votes
    4 Posts
    P

Yes it's working fine, good job !

The only remaining issue is on the download fucntion via the three dots, replied on the dedicated topic.

• Email

Solved
    1 Votes
    12 Posts
    P

I have outlook 365 on windows 11; yes let's see the next update ! 🙂

Thanks

• Users edition

Solved
    1 Votes
    4 Posts
    P

Hi, sorry for my late feedback, yes you did catch the thing ! 🙂

Ok, no big deal, thanks for the support.

• Cubby 2.0 initial feedback

Solved
    3 Votes
    15 Posts
    nebulonN

@robi said in Cubby 2.0 bugs:

Make sure dark theme doesn't have bright contrasting elements that hurt the eyes, more grays and reddish orange accents vs whites and blues that scatter light killing night vision.
    When a file is opened, the cursor isn't in the document focus, which does not let one start typing.
    Ctrl-s to save works well, but what is the Ctrl-key for closing the doc? Button hover tips would help.
    The close doc dialog box for unsaved changes has Y/N buttons, but it doesn't indicate which does what..

Maybe those can be reported individually to work with.

Currently there is no dark-mode at all, so this is like a whole new feature.

• Missing Domain in the Create Share Link workflow

Solved
    1 Votes
    4 Posts
    nebulonN

Thanks, link is fixed. The website is a bit of a placeholder at the moment until I find more time.

• 0 Votes
    18 Posts
    N

@nebulon

Awesome, thanks again.

• Feature Requests

Solved
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    nebulonN

As mentioned, the webdav support is already there. Regarding the group support, currently there is no concept of groups in cubby at all, so I will mark this as solved for the moment as there is no intention to add some kind of group system so far.

• About links

Solved
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    nebulonN

This was fixed some versions ago by implementing session based auth

• How to have Cubby Play with other Cloudron Applications

Unsolved
    1 Votes
    3 Posts
    L

@girish said in How to have Cubby Play with other Cloudron Applications:

I guess we can have Cubby list the volumes and show them as a virtual directory ? Would something like that work ?

I think that might be what I have in mind.

• Ways to use Cubby?

0 Votes
    10 Posts
    timconsidineT

@nebulon will do, but no issues found 👏

• How do I login?

Solved
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    S

@girish I figured that out myself.

• Problem With clearurls browser plugin

2 Votes
    2 Posts
    nebulonN

@BrutalBirdie hm not exactly sure why the plugin would remove the URL bits and also no clue how to work around this. The app listens on hashchange, which is probably why it keeps refreshing. Maybe the plugin wrongly detects things as tracking?