short description, how I managed the migration of an existing Matomo instance to cloudron. It was a bit more tough, than migrating Yourls (https://forum.cloudron.io/topic/10737/migrating-yourls/10).
I didn't use any app specific migration, as I didn't want to kill any cloudron specific configurations.
These were the steps:
- Making sure, Old Matomo had the same release level as the one in Cloudron.
- Setting up Matomo on an intermediate domain in cloudron.
- Merging Matomo config.ini.php manually - as it consists of data related to the application system setup, but also about our custom settings in Matomo. Also merging the plugin settings.
- Moving Plugins folder to Cloudron.
- Exporting old Matomo database, but leave out "user*" tables (we want to use the cloudron SSO login anyway) - but then also leave out "access" table (I forgot about this and had initially some trouble with collations and not working user management in Matomo).
- Importing Matomo Export as described in https://docs.cloudron.io/guides/import-mysql/ (except we didn't drop any tables in Cloudron Matomo before). We only dropped tables we imported.
This should be the straight way to do it. With less trouble than I experienced
So far everything seems to work.