Cloudron makes it easy to run web apps like WordPress, Nextcloud, GitLab on your server. Find out more or install now.

Should I chown the new path of my data ?

• I migrated my data from the default /home/yellowtent/appsdata/randomVolumeContainerid/data to my new mount point /mnt/nextcloud/data (or should I say Cloudron interface did it for me)

but I noticed than the owner of /home/yellowtent/appsdata/randomVolumeContainerid is 1000:1000 (yellowtent:yellowtent) while the owner of /mnt/nextcloud is 0:0 (root:root)

should i chown /mnt/nextcloud or this don't really matter ?

• Staff

This should not be necessary, the files within the data folder will anyways be chowned to www-data within the app by root.

• may I delete the old empty directory
    /home/yellowtent/appsdata/7dd8e169-9efb-485c-9cee-7053e0312360/ ?

• so even if I delete both path the old one in /home/yellowtent/appsdata/... and the new /mnt/nextcloud/data than uninstall nextcloud and reinstall it
    I always have this error message when I try to move the data

Error : Already Exists - ER_DUP_ENTRY: Duplicate entry '/mnt/nextcloud/data' for key 'dataDir'

just to be clear I remove both path, but specially /mnt/nextcloud/data after the uninstall
    /mnt/nextcloud is a second physical hard drive (not the main)

• Staff

That error looks a lot more like a database constraint error. In this case it appears you already have an app configured on that dataDir?

• Staff

@JOduMonT said in Should I chown the new path of my data ?:

may I delete the old empty directory

You should not delete this. This directory is used to storing the database dumps when taking app backup.

• @girish said in Should I chown the new path of my data ?:

@JOduMonT said in Should I chown the new path of my data ?:

may I delete the old empty directory

You should not delete this. This directory is used to storing the database dumps when taking app backup.

OK good I didn't deleted it

@nebulon said in Should I chown the new path of my data ?:

That error looks a lot more like a database constraint error. In this case it appears you already have an app configured on that dataDir?

yes but than, when I went into my. cloudron the path disappear and when I look a via the console, a new set of data was inside /home/yellowtent/appsdata/7dd8e169-9efb-485c-9cee-7053e0312360/ while my mount point /mnt/nextcloud/data was accessible

between the configuration and the error message I had the reboot the server because of ubuntu security update has cloudron asked me.