Cloudron makes it easy to run web apps like WordPress, Nextcloud, GitLab on your server. Find out more or install now.

STUN failure when trying to make Matrix voice call over internet

• I'm having a problem trying to make voice calls on Matrix. Everything works fine when both users on the same local network, but it doesn't work over the internet.

I think it is a TURN/STUN issue. I looked at the TURN server logs and am seeing some authentication failure error messages.

ERROR: check_stun_auth: Cannot find credentials of user <1597008172:@user:domain.tld>

I'm not sure what the numbers in front of the Matrix user are. I thought it was the same as this issue but I opened ports 5349 and 3478 for the TURN server without any proxying and still no luck.

This is a repost from the Matrix App category as I think it actually belongs as a support question and I don't see a way to switch categories.

• Staff

I wonder if this is related to https://git.cloudron.io/cloudron/box/-/issues/710 . @zjuhasz I have to try this out myself to debug it. @nebulon does the error seem familiar?

• Not sure if this is related but in the logs for Surfer, which I have as a redirect for the root domain, I am getting a 404 for the matrix .well-known constantly.

GET /.well-known/matrix/client 404 1.083 ms - 328

Were you ever able to look into this @girish?