Cloudron makes it easy to run web apps like WordPress, Nextcloud, GitLab on your server. Find out more or install now.

SOLVED Nextcloud update 19 - Not responding

• After update my nextcloud is not responding.
    How can i solve this?

Oct 09 10:51:51 PHP Fatal error: Interface 'OCA\Files_Trashbin\Trash\ITrashBackend' not found in /app/data/apps/groupfolders/lib/Trash/TrashBackend.php on line 39

• Staff

It looks like Nextcloud changed the trash API and groupfolders nextclou app was not fixed!

Sad since the Nextcloud update is just a patch release. Will post a solution here once I found it.

• Staff

Ok the intermediate fix is to put the Nextcloud instance into recovery mode in the "Repair" tab of the cloudron dashboard. Then use the filemanager or webterminal and delete the folder /apps/data/apps/groupfolders then disable recovery mode again.

If this Nextcloud addon is essential to your use-case, you have to revert the nextcloud instance and disable automatic updates for now.

I've created an upstream issue at https://github.com/nextcloud/groupfolders/issues/1074 to gather more information.

• @nebulon The Nextcloud snap guys provide a very reliable Nextcloud hosting experience (across all the user-installed apps) by prioritising "stability of user experience" over "aggressiveness in updates to new versions". Right now, they are still on Nextcloud 19.0.3... by choice.

You could reduce your Nextcloud-related support headaches (which seem to crop up with every Nextcloud version update!) by following their pragmatic, conservative auto-update cycle.

• @oj said in Nextcloud update 19 - Not responding:

@nebulon The Nextcloud snap guys provide a very reliable Nextcloud hosting experience (across all the user-installed apps) by prioritising "stability of user experience" over "aggressiveness in updates to new versions". Right now, they are still on Nextcloud 19.0.3... by choice.

You could reduce your Nextcloud-related support headaches (which seem to crop up with every Nextcloud version update!) by following their pragmatic, conservative auto-update cycle.

I agree in principle, but 19.4 was supposed to be a pure bug fix release...

• Staff

Yes the main issue is mostly related to Nextcloud addons. Basically with every release something breaks. Ideally it should not bring down Nextcloud as a whole but just disable that addon, but that is not how it is implemented. Things just crash unfortunately.