GNU Health is a libre, digital health care ecosystem comprised of:
- GNU Health HMIS (Hospital Management Information System) component for Health Practitioners, Health Institutions and Governments.
- GNU LIMS, (Laboratory Information System) also known as Occhiolino, is a modern Laboratory Information Management System for the healthcare and biomedical sectors, that has emerged as a GNU Health sub-project.
- MyGNUHealth The GNU Health Personal Health Record (PHR) MyGNUHealth is the GNUHealth Personal Health Record application for desktop and mobile devices that integrates with the GNU Health Federation.
- The GNU Health Federation allows to build large, nation wide federated networks with thousands of heterogeneous nodes.
- GNU Health Embedded Single-board Computers (SBC) are devices with a huge potential for the Public Health System when partnering with GNU Health.
- Social Medicine GNU Health as a social movement: GNU Health is a social project with technology behind.
Demo script: https://github.com/amwolff/health-demo
Docker (I do not know how official this is) : https://github.com/mbehrle/docker-gnuhealth-demo
Both GNU Health and OpenMRS would be particularly useful in 3rd world settings where there are few resources.
useful in 3rd world settings where there are few resources.
You should include the US in that list. I keep hearing horror stories about the obsolete systems that are still in use today. Also, Google is getting into the healthcare industry. We need GNU and OSS more than ever!