Opening this topic here in relation to this https://forum.cloudron.io/topic/8559/upgrade-to-version-4-16-2-end-in-not-responding-state?_=1675002144383 because I want to report what I did.
I restored backups from up to Two weeks ago in an attempt to recover my N8N app but to no avail, no matter what I do all I see is the container being recreated and starting and then nothing, absolutely nothing, no log, not error, nothing.
none of these backup restore managed to reboot the app properly.
So right now I'm not even sure what's happening, reverting back to previous version with Nextcloud worked fine (app is now running with upgrade disabled) but for Metabase and N8N I can't understand what's happening.
Because I have another cloudron to compare and none of these issues are happening.
While I was looking at the server, there was not much to detect issue wise, but the disk I/O seemed very slow causing various timeouts. Its not clear if that is the whole root cause of this, but certainly playing a role.
For reference if other people hit this, the disk I/O speed measured with
hdparm -twas at most 81.92 MB/sec which is very slow, especially if there are many apps on a system.
@nebulon not sure why/what happened but the N8N came back to live just now and the Element & Matrix app too...I may need to move some app out then, will test,
@nebulon I'm getting Timing buffered disk reads: 906 MB in 3.01 seconds = 301.48 MB/sec
this again seems to be a contabo issue more than anything else