Local file sharing in your browser. Inspired by Apple's AirDrop.
PairDrop (<-DEMO) is a sublime alternative to AirDrop that works on all platforms.
Send images, documents or text via peer to peer connection to devices in the same local network/Wi-Fi or to paired devices. As it is web based, it runs on all devices.
You want to quickly send a file from your phone to your laptop?
You want to share photos in original quality with friends that use a mixture of Android and iOS?
You want to share private files peer to peer between Linux systems?
AirDrop is unreliable again?
Send it with PairDrop!
Developed based on Snapdrop
- Pair devices via 6-digit code or QR-Code
- Pair devices outside your local network or in complex network environment (public Wi-Fi, company network, Apple Private Relay, VPN etc.).
- Connect to devices on your mobile hotspot.
- Paired devices will always find each other via shared secrets even after reopening the browser or the Progressive Web App
- You will always discover devices on your local network. Paired devices are shown additionally.
- Paired devices outside your local network that are behind a NAT are connected automatically via the PairDrop TURN server.
- Files are transferred only after a request is accepted first. On transfer completion files are downloaded automatically if possible.
- Multiple files are downloaded as a ZIP file
- On iOS and Android, in addition to downloading, files can be shared or saved to the gallery via the Share menu.
- Multiple files are transferred at once with an overall progress indicator
- Send files directly from context menu on Windows
- Send directly from share menu on iOS
- Send directly from share menu on Android
- Send directly via command-line interface
PairDrop is built with the following awesome technologies:
- Vanilla HTML5 / ES6 / CSS3 frontend
- WebRTC / WebSockets
- NodeJS backend
- Progressive Web App
- IndexedDB API
- cyrb53 super fast hash function
Have any questions? Read our FAQ.
You can host your own instance with Docker.