Cloudron makes it easy to run web apps like WordPress, Nextcloud, GitLab on your server. Find out more or install now.


Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Bookmarks
  • Search
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Brand Logo

Cloudron Forum

Offical apps | Community apps | Demo | Docs | Install
G

g66lol

@g66lol
Unfollow Follow
About
Posts
7
Topics
1
Shares
0
Groups
0
Followers
0
Following
0

Posts

Recent Best Controversial

  • " Error creating an account for this identity." when logging in for the first time
    G g66lol
    Mastodon

    @girish Using Digital Ocean, they keep the SMTP port closed by default, and Mastodon can't send out the confirmation email.

    Instead of asking Digital Ocean to open the port, I'm running my email through a 3rd party (Proton Mail) so I have to add a DNS TXT record and then wait for DNS to update it so that Proton Mail sees that I own the domain.


  • Won't Load; DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN + Hairpin NAT
    G g66lol
    Support dns hairpin-nat

    @nebulon Right; my thoughts exactly. Some sort of weird hiccup I suppose. Thanks for confirming!


  • Won't Load; DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN + Hairpin NAT
    G g66lol
    Support dns hairpin-nat

    Ok right after I post this, everything came back -_-.

    Does anyone know what may have happened so I can prevent it from happening again?


  • Won't Load; DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN + Hairpin NAT
    G g66lol
    Support dns hairpin-nat

    I renewed my domain yesterday and all of a sudden the website stopped working.

    When I try to go to the Cloudron dashboard (my.garrett.life), I get the error:

    DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN
    

    When I run cloudron-support --troubleshoot I get:

    Vendor: DigitalOcean Product: Droplet
    Linux: 6.8.0-45-generic
    Ubuntu: noble 24.04
    Processor: DO-Regular
    BIOS pc-i440fx-6.1  CPU @ 2.0GHz x 4
    RAM: 8131928KB
    Disk: /dev/vda1       121G
    [OK]    node version is correct
    [OK]    IPv6 is enabled
    [OK]    docker is running
    [OK]    MySQL is running
    [OK]    nginx is running
    [OK]    dashboard cert is valid
    [OK]    dashboard is reachable via loopback
    [OK]    box v8.0.6 is running
    [OK]    netplan is good
    [OK]    DNS is resolving via systemd-resolved
    [FAIL]  Could not load dashboard domain.
    Hairpin NAT is not working. Please check if your router supports it
    

    I'd been running the server for about a week when this happened. Everything was fine until I renewed the domain with Namecheap.


  • Town
    G g66lol
    Discuss

    @marcusquinn My experience is that blockchain folks aren't interested in anything other than blockchain. Even worse if I come in there talking about something that is actively hostile towards blockchain (as Veilid is).


  • Town
    G g66lol
    Discuss

    Wish it ran on something like Veilid instead of blockchain.


  • " Error creating an account for this identity." when logging in for the first time
    G g66lol
    Mastodon

    I think this has to do with not having SMTP set up correctly. Since DNS is taking forever as always, I quickly got around this by opening the Mastodon Terminal and putting this stuff in:

    # /app/code/bin/tootctl accounts create <username> --email=<email> --approve
    # /app/code/bin/tootctl accounts modify <username> --role Owner
    # /app/code/bin/tootctl accounts modify <username> --confirm
    
  • Login

  • Don't have an account? Register

  • Login or register to search.
  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Bookmarks
  • Search