Cloudron makes it easy to run web apps like WordPress, Nextcloud, GitLab on your server. Find out more or install now.


Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Bookmarks
  • Search
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Brand Logo

Cloudron Forum

Offical apps | Community apps | Demo | Docs | Install
U

uiharu

@uiharu
Unfollow Follow
About
Posts
34
Topics
12
Shares
0
Groups
0
Followers
0
Following
0

Posts

Recent Best Controversial

  • How to change cloudron DNS settings without the web panel?
    U uiharu
    Support domains

    From what you wrote, are you running the server behind your home server in a NAT by any chance?

    Yes indeed.

    @uiharu Does host cloudflare.com 127.0.0.1 work?

    I'll update later


  • How to change cloudron DNS settings without the web panel?
    U uiharu
    Support domains

    @girish when I run service unbound status it's active (running)
    but there's indeed something wrong with the internal dns as firefox (on the server) couldn't resolve anything.

    ping 1.1.1.1 looks normal

    but nslookup cloudflare.com took more than a few seconds and return answers from my router's dns


  • How to change cloudron DNS settings without the web panel?
    U uiharu
    Support domains

    so, things have got downhill since I last posted and now I have more than the image problem 💩

    For some reason, when I looked in the logs, dns with cloudflare failed before pulling the image...

    and then I decided to set dns to noop to test...

    and after restart, I'm stuck at "waiting for domain and certificate setup"

    So, is there a config file I can edit to change the dns settings?

    Many thanks


  • Failed to pull image: Nextcloud package v2.1.4
    U uiharu
    Nextcloud nextcloud

    I just reconfigured my out-dated Nextcloud app, but got errored out because it Failed to pull image.
    Could it be that the image is no longer available? If so, could it be republished for a while?

    Lots of thanks 🙂


  • Premium apps
    U uiharu
    Announcements

    User limits

    Since many apps are packaged to have their own user management and thus not bound by the user limits, user limits are not entirely enforceable, cause confusion and dis/advantages users of certain apps. Removing user limits altogether would be a good move.

    Premium apps

    The advantage is to incentivise users who can likely afford to pay more. In the long run, however, it may stifle community development efforts. Existing apps that are marked premium may receive less development efforts from the community as only Business plan users can use them. Apps yet to come may also see less community help to package and test because of uncertainties on whether they'll become premium. So I would recommend against doing premium apps. Alternatively we at least need clear communications on how new apps will be designated as premium if we're sticking with premium apps.

    App limits

    It seems limits on the number of apps that a client can run is the only enforceable method that won't inadvertently disincentivise community efforts. And it is easily justifiable that a client pays more for unlimited apps, as (for example) more app installations will likely increase the chance for requiring support from the Cloudron team. Given the choices right now, I would recommend keeping app limits for the "Basic" plan. The "Business" plan, or whatever the top tier plan, still calls for unlimited apps as we don't want to put a ceiling on business opportunities 🙂

    Naming

    Call the "Basic" plan "Standard" or "Essential". It feels better as a customer to pay $15 for something I need rather than some lowly minimum.

    Call the "Business" plan "Unlimited" or "Premium". You want to get the customers with deeper pockets who might not run a business.

    tl;dr

    • Main concerns
      • enforceability
      • community devlopment dis/incentive
    • All apps are the same
    • No user limits
    • App limits for a more affordable plan
    • Unlimited apps for an unlimited plan

    Ps. There's a missing space on the pricing page: "All plans include atmost 5 instances of the same app."
    atmost --> at most


  • What's coming in 3.0
    U uiharu
    Announcements

    Smooth upgrade, thank you!


  • Collabora Online Development Edition (CODE)
    U uiharu
    Collabora Online (CODE)

    Thank you so much. This is amazing!


  • Monica key and salt
    U uiharu
    Monica monica

    In /app/data/env
    HASH_SALT is ChangeMeBy20+KeyLength

    Is this of any security concern?

    Also, on a Monica instance upgraded from earlier versions, the APP_KEY also appeared to be an unchanged default. I've since reinstalled the app.

    Thanks 🙂


  • Free Plan
    U uiharu
    Announcements

    It'd be nice if the 20 apps limit could be more lenient. I didn't recall any app limits in the last pricing scheme


  • "Error" for multiple apps
    U uiharu
    Support

    I forgot to post a follow up on this thread. I'd like to thank @girish for solving my problem. He responded quickly and arranged to ssh into my server to diagnose. He's been very patient and professional and I really appreciate it.

    Basically the problem is due to MySQL addons not properly starting/building, so all apps using MySQL error out and cannot start or install. Hope the problem has been resolved in the final 2.4 releases 🙂


  • "Error" for multiple apps
    U uiharu
    Support

    @girish

    The apps still throw "Error" when i attempt to repair/reconfigure them
    Edit: Uninstalling an app also ends with "Error"


  • "Error" for multiple apps
    U uiharu
    Support

    Unfortunately, the "Error for doamin" overlays are blank (except the buttons)...
    restarting docker...

    [deleted]
    

  • "Error" for multiple apps
    U uiharu
    Support

    Thanks @girish

    I tried again but still get "Error"

    • repair the app
    • restore from the latest backup
    • restore from earlier backups
    • uninstall the app
      but none of the above worked and ended with "Error".

    I also attempted

    • installing an new instance of one of the faulty apps -> "Error"
    • installing a new instance of an app that's not one of the faulty ones -> "Error"
    • Clicking "Backup now" in settings -> "external error"
    [deleted]
    

  • "Error" for multiple apps
    U uiharu
    Support

    I'm wondering if the system is missing an necessary kernal...
    I now have 4.4.0-127 and 4.4.0-128

    $ apt list linux-image* --installed
    Listing... Done
    linux-image-4.4.0-127-generic/xenial-updates,xenial-security,now 4.4.0-127.153 amd64 [installed,automatic]
    linux-image-4.4.0-128-generic/xenial-updates,xenial-security,now 4.4.0-128.154 amd64 [installed,automatic]
    linux-image-extra-4.4.0-127-generic/xenial-updates,xenial-security,now 4.4.0-127.153 amd64 [installed,automatic]
    linux-image-extra-4.4.0-128-generic/xenial-updates,xenial-security,now 4.4.0-128.154 amd64 [installed,automatic]
    

  • "Error" for multiple apps
    U uiharu
    Support

    Thanks @msbt for the your answer.
    sudo apt-get -f install doesn't (re)install anything...

    service box status gives some errors (partly redacted)

      node[2046]: box:apphealthmonitor [domain] org.ghost.cloudronapp2 skipped. istate:error rstate:stopped - 
      node[2046]: box:apphealthmonitor apps alive: [naked_domain|com.nextcloud.cloudronapp, note|de.nebulon.guacamoly, git|com.gitlab.cloudronapp, ...
      node[2046]: box:apphealthmonitor [domain] org.etherpad.cloudronapp skipped. istate:error rstate:stopped - 
      node[2046]: box:apphealthmonitor [domain] com.monicahq.cloudronapp skipped. istate:error rstate:stopped - 
      node[2046]: box:apphealthmonitor [domain] com.invoiceninja.cloudronapp skipped. istate:error rstate:stopped - 
      node[2046]: box:apphealthmonitor [domain] org.wordpress.cloudronapp skipped. istate:error rstate:stopped - 
      node[2046]: box:apphealthmonitor [domain] org.tt_rss.cloudronapp skipped. istate:error rstate:stopped - 
      node[2046]: box:apphealthmonitor [domain] org.ghost.cloudronapp2 skipped. istate:error rstate:stopped - 
      node[2046]: box:apphealthmonitor [domain] org.ghost.cloudronapp2 skipped. istate:error rstate:stopped - 
      node[2046]: box:apphealthmonitor apps alive: [naked_domain|com.nextcloud.cloudronapp, note|de.nebulon.guacamoly, git|com.gitlab.cloudronapp, ...
    

    Please kindly note that I'm not having problems with /boot anymore nor am I trying to upgrade - /boot now has some free space and apt upgrade has cleared...


  • "Error" for multiple apps
    U uiharu
    Support

    Multiple apps on my Cloudron (version 2.3.2) are in "Error" status.
    Accessing the apps throw an nginx 404 page.

    Before I discovered this situation, I did

    apt update 
    apt autoremove
    dpkg --configure --a
    reboot
    

    because the admin panel was stuck at an automatic box update, and /boot was nearly full due to kernel compilations.
    However, I'm not sure if the problem already existed beforehand (or not).

    Attempting to solve the problem, I tried to

    • repair the app
    • restore from the latest backup
    • restore from earlier backups
    • uninstall the app
      but none of the above worked and ended with "Error".

    I also attempted

    • installing an new instance of one of the faulty apps -> "Error"
    • installing a new instance of an app that's not one of the faulty ones -> "Error"
    • Clicking "Backup now" in settings -> "external error"

    Edit: now I'm pretty sure I accessed the admin panel yesterday and things seemed fine. so the problem's prob due to

    • fiddling with apt and dpkg manually
    • the update got aborted midway by reboot and now I end up with a broken installation

  • Free Plan
    U uiharu
    Announcements

    This is great news. Cloudron could now compete as a free, open source, self hosted email solution


  • How to suggest edits to the official documentation?
    U uiharu
    Discuss

    I'd like to make a correction to the docs, but couldn't find its repo on git.cloudron.io

    I'd like to correct
    https://cloudron.io/documentation/domains/#changing-the-dashboard-domain

    Correction:

    Change adminDomain to the domain added above.

    Original:

    Change adminFqdn to the domain added above

    Also,

    Change adminFqdn to my.example.com, where example.com is your new domain.

    might provide more clarity than

    Change adminFqdn to my.example.com


  • Kin, the simple & connected calendar
    U uiharu
    App Wishlist

    have they made an icloud calendar clone...


  • Simple authentication for Surfer?
    U uiharu
    Surfer

    It'd be great to allow optional password protected access to the whole site/directory. Example use case: showing some html pages to a client.

  • Login

  • Don't have an account? Register

  • Login or register to search.
  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Bookmarks
  • Search