Cloudron makes it easy to run web apps like WordPress, Nextcloud, GitLab on your server. Find out more or install now.

Skip to content

Off-topic

Anything else not related to Cloudron

254 Topics 2.0k Posts
  • 1 Votes
    11 Posts
    scookeS

Sure, did you see this? https://www.ssdnodes.com/contact/

I've been working across 12 time zones, and always got help when I needed it (but like I said, it was just the Dashboard-based ticket system I used, I've never had something so screwed up I had to call someone!)

• 3 Votes
    18 Posts
    1k Views
    L

@necrevistonnezr said in Thinking about self-hosting; why do/don't you run your own hardware?:

More interesting is the router you have at home and what traffic you're able to block etc. More advanced routers allow to block traffic based on IP lists etc.

I have a FRITZ!Box 7590AX

• Contabo now offering Object Storage

2 Votes
    9 Posts
    girishG

@LoudLemur nice, will add the region in Cloudron UI as well. it's already there.

• 5 Votes
    20 Posts
    robiR

@chet-williams good suggestion for the Syncthing devs upstream. đź‘Ť

• Tools for Massive Knowledge Base + Mind Mapping

1 Votes
    14 Posts
    robiR

If your content is composable, https://www.sanity.io is the way to go.

• Remove paywalls with 12ft.io

4 Votes
    7 Posts
    17k Views
    timconsidineT

@chetbaker that would be great

• ℹ️ Cloudflare API Offline

3 Votes
    4 Posts
    imc67I

After 36 hours they are up again, CEO wrote a post mortem, very interesting: https://blog.cloudflare.com/post-mortem-on-cloudflare-control-plane-and-analytics-outage/

• i can no longer recommend AWS

4 Votes
    25 Posts
    adisonA

sorry i have'nt been active in alomst a week

• 7 Votes
    9 Posts
    A

Okta did it again...
    https://arstechnica.com/security/2023/10/okta-says-hackers-breached-its-support-system-and-viewed-customer-files/

• 0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • 0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • How frequently do you refresh your VPS?

2 Votes
    2 Posts
    jdaviescoatesJ

I've only ever moved once my existing setup runs out of space or I've added more apps and need more RAM/ CPU.

• 1 Votes
    3 Posts
    jdaviescoatesJ

@LoudLemur said in FOSDEM 2024 - Save the date: 3 & 4 February 2024:

I wonder what ticketing system they use for the event

It says: "You don't need to register. Just turn up and join in!"

But in the past for other big similar conferences I've seen people make use of Pretix.

Although I also like this really simple Gath.io app too

• odoo experience 2023 8-10 November, Brussels

2 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • Just saying hi!

3 Votes
    10 Posts
    scookeS

Interesting dilemma. I always have started with the fresh Ubuntu server as recommended, and I follow the usual DigitalOcean tuts ('cause I always forget) to tightening up SSH, disallowing root login, BUT I do create a second sudo user, and set up SSH to allow logins only by key, no passwords. Then, when I install Cloudron while logged in with the root user, it all goes well, root can't login, but my secondary sudo user still can. Maybe it was the name you choose? In reading your steps, I don't see that you did anything particular to the SSH service. So perhaps when Cloudron gets installed it does something which takes precedence over your non-steps, locking that user out. In my /home directory there is root, yellowtent and secondarysudouser. I suggest setting up your SSH service first, then install Cloudron.

• cloudflareaccess

0 Votes
    4 Posts
    adisonA

the reasoning for using cloudflareaccess would be to insure that my admins need approval before accessing the box. cloudron doesn't offer that level of security. also for me, i illiminate the threat of public internet access by only filtering ports to cloudflare at the firewall level. currently, there is no good way to run cloudflare argo tunnels on cloudron.

• Documenting IT ?

1 Votes
    7 Posts
    marcusquinnM

@lukas Enpass for personal, Vaultwarden for business/shared, if that helps. On a Mac the shortcut for Enpass quick access is option-command-p, so anything is just a shortcut and search away.

• 9 Votes
    26 Posts
    1k Views
    jdaviescoatesJ

@jdaviescoates said in Easy Indie App—Run your own X in a few clicks:

Yeah btw.so itself looks/ sounds like it'll be a useful app to add to the wishlist once it's ready. I just asked and they said:

Yes, it will be possible to self-host btw and the code will available soon (we're pre-launch)!

It is now possible to self-host so I've just added it to the wishlist here: https://forum.cloudron.io/post/73350

• 1 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • 3 Votes
    19 Posts
    marcusquinnM

This dude's commentary is pretty decent: