Cloudron makes it easy to run web apps like WordPress, Nextcloud, GitLab on your server. Find out more or install now.


Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Bookmarks
  • Search
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Brand Logo

Cloudron Forum

Offical apps | Community apps | Demo | Docs | Install
  1. Cloudron Forum
  2. App Wishlist
  3. Cypht - Lightweight open source webmail application written in PHP and JavaScript

Cypht - Lightweight open source webmail application written in PHP and JavaScript

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved App Wishlist
60 Posts 17 Posters 27.8k Views 16 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • necrevistonnezrN necrevistonnezr

    @fbartels said:

    I am currently testing different projects that implement the EWS protocol and came across cypht. I have created a community app to easily install it on cloudron: https://ca.cloudron.io/app/cypht

    Great!
    From the instructions: „Log in with your full Cloudron email address and your mailbox password.“
    Which one is the mailbox password? An app password for mail clients doesn’t work.

    fbartelsF
    fbartelsF
    fbartels
    App Dev
    wrote on last edited by
    #48

    @necrevistonnezr said:

    An app password for mail clients doesn’t work

    Hmm.. I cannot reproduce this. For me the login works with my users password or an app password with the mail client scope.

    necrevistonnezrN 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • fbartelsF fbartels

      @necrevistonnezr said:

      An app password for mail clients doesn’t work

      Hmm.. I cannot reproduce this. For me the login works with my users password or an app password with the mail client scope.

      necrevistonnezrN
      necrevistonnezrN
      necrevistonnezr
      wrote on last edited by
      #49

      @fbartels
      When setting up the app password, expiry was set to immediately. I can’t explain why…

      IMG_3729.jpeg

      fbartelsF 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • necrevistonnezrN necrevistonnezr

        @fbartels
        When setting up the app password, expiry was set to immediately. I can’t explain why…

        IMG_3729.jpeg

        fbartelsF
        fbartelsF
        fbartels
        App Dev
        wrote on last edited by
        #50

        @necrevistonnezr ah but that explains why it rejected the password

        1 Reply Last reply
        1
        • jdaviescoatesJ
          jdaviescoatesJ
          jdaviescoates
          wrote on last edited by
          #51

          Changelog: Enable the fancy login page and allow loading images from external sources by default.

          I can't find where the option to enable external sources is enabled.

          But I'd also prefer it to be how most clients seem to do it: each message having the option to enable images

          I use Cloudron with Gandi & Hetzner

          fbartelsF 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • jdaviescoatesJ jdaviescoates

            Changelog: Enable the fancy login page and allow loading images from external sources by default.

            I can't find where the option to enable external sources is enabled.

            But I'd also prefer it to be how most clients seem to do it: each message having the option to enable images

            fbartelsF
            fbartelsF
            fbartels
            App Dev
            wrote on last edited by
            #52

            @jdaviescoates This is something you can configure inside /app/data/.env.

            Overall, Cypht is definitely built for power users and strictly prioritizes security over out-of-the-box convenience. For example, responses are plain text by default, the timezone defaults to UTC, and settings have to be explicitly saved by re-entering your user password (otherwise they revert on your next login). While they recently launched a very shiny new website, the underlying documentation is still a bit sparse.

            Because of this "security first" design, Cypht intentionally blocks all external images by default. To change this behavior so that you at least get prompted to load them per email, you need to toggle the image loading setting.

            For context, you can see how this restriction is explicitly handled in the source code here:
            cypht-org/cypht - app.php lines 555-570

            Keep in mind that the code change linked above only alters the default behavior for fresh installations. If you upgraded from a previous version, your user profile will still carry over the old, stricter setting, so you'll want to manually update it in your configuration.

            jdaviescoatesJ 1 Reply Last reply
            1
            • fbartelsF fbartels

              @jdaviescoates This is something you can configure inside /app/data/.env.

              Overall, Cypht is definitely built for power users and strictly prioritizes security over out-of-the-box convenience. For example, responses are plain text by default, the timezone defaults to UTC, and settings have to be explicitly saved by re-entering your user password (otherwise they revert on your next login). While they recently launched a very shiny new website, the underlying documentation is still a bit sparse.

              Because of this "security first" design, Cypht intentionally blocks all external images by default. To change this behavior so that you at least get prompted to load them per email, you need to toggle the image loading setting.

              For context, you can see how this restriction is explicitly handled in the source code here:
              cypht-org/cypht - app.php lines 555-570

              Keep in mind that the code change linked above only alters the default behavior for fresh installations. If you upgraded from a previous version, your user profile will still carry over the old, stricter setting, so you'll want to manually update it in your configuration.

              jdaviescoatesJ
              jdaviescoatesJ
              jdaviescoates
              wrote on last edited by
              #53

              @fbartels thanks, will give it a try.

              I use Cloudron with Gandi & Hetzner

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • fbartelsF
                fbartelsF
                fbartels
                App Dev
                wrote on last edited by
                #54

                Attention: I have made a few tweaks to my release pipeline and as a result of that the url of the CloudronVersions.json has changed. The shop listing has the updated url, but I don´t think there is an automated upgrade so the app needs to be removed and reinstalled.

                1 Reply Last reply
                1
                • timconsidineT
                  timconsidineT
                  timconsidine
                  App Dev
                  wrote on last edited by timconsidine
                  #55

                  @fbartels fyi, I am getting some Cypht error messages, which my impression started after the latest Community App version, but I may have ignored them from earlier.

                  cURL error: Failed to connect to localhost port 5232 after 0 ms: Couldn't connect to server

                  Any idea?
                  Not critical - app continues to work.

                  My research :

                  When you run Cypht behind a web server (e.g., Nginx), the front‑end talks to a small daemon that talks to your actual IMAP servers. That daemon listens on port 5232, so the web‑UI can reach it via http://localhost:5232/ (or the equivalent Unix socket) without exposing the real IMAP ports to the public Internet. In short, port 5232 is the bridge between the Cypht web interface and the IMAP backend.

                  Indie app dev, scratching my itches : communityapps.appx.uk, portfolio at myca.appx.uk

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • fbartelsF
                    fbartelsF
                    fbartels
                    App Dev
                    wrote on last edited by fbartels
                    #56

                    Yes, I have seen that as well. This comes from the cypht cardav client. Wenn that one is enabled it looks for a server at that address by default. So to get rid of the error either remove the carddav part from CYPHT_MODULES in .env or add the address of a carddav server.

                    PS: i have removed the module from the default configuration for the next release

                    jdaviescoatesJ 1 Reply Last reply
                    3
                    • fbartelsF fbartels

                      Yes, I have seen that as well. This comes from the cypht cardav client. Wenn that one is enabled it looks for a server at that address by default. So to get rid of the error either remove the carddav part from CYPHT_MODULES in .env or add the address of a carddav server.

                      PS: i have removed the module from the default configuration for the next release

                      jdaviescoatesJ
                      jdaviescoatesJ
                      jdaviescoates
                      wrote last edited by
                      #57

                      @fbartels have you moved your repo or something? I'm getting:

                      Cloudron could not check for updates for the app installed at https://cyphtapp.domain.coop.
                      
                      Error: CloudronVersions.json not found
                      

                      I use Cloudron with Gandi & Hetzner

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • fbartelsF
                        fbartelsF
                        fbartels
                        App Dev
                        wrote last edited by
                        #58

                        No, no recent change to this on my side. Once early on I changed the release job to push the json file into a separate branch. Is your installation still using the old location? The new one is https://git.9wd.eu/apps/cloudron-cypht/raw/branch/release/CloudronVersions.json

                        jdaviescoatesJ 1 Reply Last reply
                        1
                        • fbartelsF fbartels

                          No, no recent change to this on my side. Once early on I changed the release job to push the json file into a separate branch. Is your installation still using the old location? The new one is https://git.9wd.eu/apps/cloudron-cypht/raw/branch/release/CloudronVersions.json

                          jdaviescoatesJ
                          jdaviescoatesJ
                          jdaviescoates
                          wrote last edited by
                          #59

                          @fbartels said:

                          Is your installation still using the old location?

                          Quite possibly, but I can't see anywhere that I can actually check/ update the location of CloudronVersions.json 🤔

                          I use Cloudron with Gandi & Hetzner

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • fbartelsF
                            fbartelsF
                            fbartels
                            App Dev
                            wrote last edited by
                            #60

                            Yes, as far as I remember there is currently no exposed ui for this. I think girish posted how to change the manifest somewhere here on the forum, but i cannot find it. It is probably something that needs to be changed in the mysql database of the cloudron instance itself.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            0

                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                            Register Login
                            Reply
                            • Reply as topic
                            Log in to reply
                            • Oldest to Newest
                            • Newest to Oldest
                            • Most Votes


                            • Login

                            • Don't have an account? Register

                            • Login or register to search.
                            • First post
                              Last post
                            0
                            • Categories
                            • Recent
                            • Tags
                            • Popular
                            • Bookmarks
                            • Search