Cloudron makes it easy to run web apps like WordPress, Nextcloud, GitLab on your server. Find out more or install now.


Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Bookmarks
  • Search
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Brand Logo

Cloudron Forum

Offical apps | Community apps | Demo | Docs | Install
  1. Cloudron Forum
  2. Community Packages
  3. LocalAI platform

LocalAI platform

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Community Packages
11 Posts 5 Posters 1.2k Views 5 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • jamesJ
    jamesJ
    james
    Staff
    wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Hello @eyecreate
    Apologies, I have simply missed your topic somehow.
    I have now added your community app to https://forum.cloudron.io/topic/15172/community-apps

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • eyecreateE eyecreate

      I've got a first version of LocalAI for cloudron. I've only tested some basics and you'll need to allow the app to access any GPUS.

      https://git.cloudron.io/eyecreate/localai

      https://git.cloudron.io/eyecreate/localai/-/raw/master/CloudronVersions.json?ref_type=heads

      timconsidineT
      timconsidineT
      timconsidine
      App Dev
      wrote on last edited by
      #3

      @eyecreate well done, thank you, presumably it needs GPU to work efficiently ?

      Indie app dev, scratching my itches : communityapps.appx.uk, portfolio at myca.appx.uk

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • eyecreateE
        eyecreateE
        eyecreate
        App Dev
        wrote on last edited by eyecreate
        #4

        I haven't tested it with a gpu(would need to pass device through i think), but yeah, it likely won't work well without one(though ik_llama backend might be good for modern cpus).

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • M
          M
          max
          wrote on last edited by
          #5

          Hi @eyecreate I have installed your localai app, all went well.
          I have one issue when I try to connect my LibreChat to it - where do I change the authentication key?

          If I test it with I get an expected auth error...
          $ curl https://localai.xxxx.net/v1/models
          {"error":{"code":401,"message":"An authentication key is required","type":"invalid_request_error"}}

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • M
            M
            max
            wrote on last edited by
            #6

            OK, I think I have worked it out - use the Cloudon CLI...
            cloudron env set --app localai.mydomain.com LOCALAI_API_KEY=xxxx
            Thanks 🙂

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • eyecreateE eyecreate

              I've got a first version of LocalAI for cloudron. I've only tested some basics and you'll need to allow the app to access any GPUS.

              https://git.cloudron.io/eyecreate/localai

              https://git.cloudron.io/eyecreate/localai/-/raw/master/CloudronVersions.json?ref_type=heads

              timconsidineT
              timconsidineT
              timconsidine
              App Dev
              wrote on last edited by
              #7

              @eyecreate I tried the community app but everything is just 502.
              But I also tried installing their Mac DMG and it could not work with the stated/recommended localhost:8080.

              I think it is broken upstream.

              Their webpage says run models on your CPU, don't need GPU. Well, it doesn't run on 128Gb RAM modestly used by other apps.

              Indie app dev, scratching my itches : communityapps.appx.uk, portfolio at myca.appx.uk

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • eyecreateE
                eyecreateE
                eyecreate
                App Dev
                wrote on last edited by
                #8

                Yeah, I've had to report bugs sometimes on hardware compatibility issues.
                I've gotten rocm backends working for llama.cpp on the community app, but not others(and something seems off performance wise).

                micmcM 1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • eyecreateE eyecreate

                  Yeah, I've had to report bugs sometimes on hardware compatibility issues.
                  I've gotten rocm backends working for llama.cpp on the community app, but not others(and something seems off performance wise).

                  micmcM
                  micmcM
                  micmc
                  wrote last edited by
                  #9

                  Hi @eyecreate Apparently now the image is not available anymore from the docker repository?
                  For the moment it refuses to install even after a few retries.

                  An error occurred during the install operation: Not found: Unable to pull image docker.io/eyecreate/cloudron-localai:v4.10.0. message: (HTTP code 404) unexpected - manifest for eyecreate/cloudron-localai:v4.10.0 not found: manifest unknown: manifest unknown statusCode: 404
                  

                  Are you still maintaining this package?
                  Thanks

                  AI Intelligencia RED PILL Podcast
                  (coming soon...)

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • micmcM
                    micmcM
                    micmc
                    wrote last edited by
                    #10

                    @eyecreate Hi, I'm not sure if the app has been updated because of my previous post, nevertheless it's still not installing but this time I get a different error message when I try to install it.

                    Oct 07 15:21:35 BoxError: Unable to pull image registry.eyecreate.org/eyecreate/cloudron-localai:20261006-143345-538b9ad22. Please check the network or if the image needs authentication. statusCode: 401
                        at pullImage (file:///home/yellowtent/box/src/docker.js:113:22)
                        at process.processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:104:5)
                        at async file:///home/yellowtent/box/src/docker.js:483:122
                        at async retry (file:///home/yellowtent/box/src/retry.js:13:20)
                        at async Object.downloadImage (file:///home/yellowtent/box/src/docker.js:481:5)
                        at async downloadImage (file:///home/yellowtent/box/src/apptask.js:197:5)
                        at async installCommand (file:///home/yellowtent/box/src/apptask.js:442:5)
                    Oct 07 15:21:35 Exiting with code 0
                    Oct 07 15:21:35 taskworker: Task took 62.969 seconds
                    

                    AI Intelligencia RED PILL Podcast
                    (coming soon...)

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • eyecreateE
                      eyecreateE
                      eyecreate
                      App Dev
                      wrote last edited by
                      #11

                      cloudron changed how the cli builds app, so it moved to my registry by default. I had forgotten to make the localai image public, so thanks for pointing it out. Should be fixed now.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0

                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                      Register Login
                      Reply
                      • Reply as topic
                      Log in to reply
                      • Oldest to Newest
                      • Newest to Oldest
                      • Most Votes


                      • Login

                      • Don't have an account? Register

                      • Login or register to search.
                      • First post
                        Last post
                      0
                      • Categories
                      • Recent
                      • Tags
                      • Popular
                      • Bookmarks
                      • Search