Cloudron makes it easy to run web apps like WordPress, Nextcloud, GitLab on your server. Find out more or install now.


Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Bookmarks
  • Search
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Brand Logo

Cloudron Forum

Offical apps | Community apps | Demo | Docs | Install
  1. Cloudron Forum
  2. Surfer
  3. What happened to Surfer: alias domains are empty

What happened to Surfer: alias domains are empty

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Surfer
13 Posts 2 Posters 147 Views 2 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • imc67I
    imc67I
    imc67
    translator
    wrote last edited by
    #1

    I guess since v7 Surfer is serving alias-domains to the Cloudron OIDC / server login page?

    I have 1 Surfer app with one main domain and 13 different alias domains, now only the main domain is serving the html, all others the login page.

    Is this expected and do I have now copy all files from main domain to all 13 alias domains?!

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • imc67I
      imc67I
      imc67
      translator
      wrote last edited by
      #2

      I decided to stop Surfer as this situation is leaking unwanted information when visiting a domain

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • girishG
        girishG
        girish
        Staff
        wrote last edited by girish
        #3

        @imc67 Oh sorry, I broke something then. Let me test, one sec.

        edit: easily reproduced, fix is coming

        1 Reply Last reply
        1
        • girishG
          girishG
          girish
          Staff
          wrote last edited by
          #4

          @imc67 can you please check. should be fixed in 7.2.1 . I have revoked the intermediate releases.

          1 Reply Last reply
          1
          • imc67I
            imc67I
            imc67
            translator
            wrote last edited by
            #5

            no still not working correctly

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • girishG
              girishG
              girish
              Staff
              wrote last edited by
              #6

              @imc67 which version are you on?

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • imc67I
                imc67I
                imc67
                translator
                wrote last edited by
                #7

                App title & version
                Surfer 7.2.1

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • girishG
                  girishG
                  girish
                  Staff
                  wrote last edited by
                  #8

                  @imc67 do you think you can quickly try to reproduce this on the demo cloudron? I am unable to reproduce it. Could it be a browser caching issue?

                  imc67I 1 Reply Last reply
                  1
                  • imc67I
                    imc67I
                    imc67
                    translator
                    wrote last edited by
                    #9

                    shall I give you access then you can check with 13 different domains?

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • girishG
                      girishG
                      girish
                      Staff
                      wrote last edited by
                      #10

                      @imc67 that could also work, can you write to support@cloudron.io ? I can look at it immediately.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      1
                      • imc67I
                        imc67I
                        imc67
                        translator
                        wrote last edited by
                        #11

                        just activated and sent the mail

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        1
                        • girishG girish

                          @imc67 do you think you can quickly try to reproduce this on the demo cloudron? I am unable to reproduce it. Could it be a browser caching issue?

                          imc67I
                          imc67I
                          imc67
                          translator
                          wrote last edited by
                          #12

                          @girish said:

                          Could it be a browser caching issue?

                          no, tried it in private tab

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • girishG
                            girishG
                            girish
                            Staff
                            wrote last edited by
                            #13

                            Well, thanks for catching that. There was a broken migration in 7.1 that was causing this. Hopefully, not many updated to 7.1 since I only made the release some 2-3 hours ago. I have revoked it.

                            The new surfer has a concept of sites where alias domains can serve up different pages (like alpha.xx, beta.xx). I will make a separate post to explain this.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            2

                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                            Register Login
                            Reply
                            • Reply as topic
                            Log in to reply
                            • Oldest to Newest
                            • Newest to Oldest
                            • Most Votes


                            • Login

                            • Don't have an account? Register

                            • Login or register to search.
                            • First post
                              Last post
                            0
                            • Categories
                            • Recent
                            • Tags
                            • Popular
                            • Bookmarks
                            • Search