Cloudron makes it easy to run web apps like WordPress, Nextcloud, GitLab on your server. Find out more or install now.


Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Bookmarks
  • Search
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Brand Logo

Cloudron Forum

Offical apps | Community apps | Demo | Docs | Install
  1. Cloudron Forum
  2. Feature Requests
  3. add wildcard support when sending as an alias/identity

add wildcard support when sending as an alias/identity

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Feature Requests
4 Posts 1 Posters 83 Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • humptyH
    humptyH
    humpty
    wrote last edited by humpty
    #1

    It seems I can't send through aliases anymore in Roundcube.

    I have a bunch of domains all under the same CR mail server & Mailgun SMTP. I forward a bunch of mailboxes across different domains to a single mailbox that I monitor. I added a new "identity" in Roundcube, which used to allow me to send mail using that address when logged in from the main mailbox. This worked for wildcard addresses too, even for mailboxes on different domains. Now, I'm getting an SMTP 550 error. What changed?

    1 Reply Last reply
    1
    • humptyH
      humptyH
      humpty
      wrote last edited by
      #2

      I just had a moment of clarity after typing it out. I think I'm mistaken that it used to work for wildcards as well. Yep, as I suspected. The email went through after I added the wildcard address as an actual alias in the mailbox settings. In this case, I'd like to convert this ticket into a feature request.

      FEATURE REQUEST: Please add wildcard support when sending as an alias/identity in RC (unless this poses a security risk?). Thanks!

      1 Reply Last reply
      1
      • humptyH humpty moved this topic from Support
      • humptyH
        humptyH
        humpty
        wrote last edited by
        #3

        I take it back. I needed to send a second email and now it's not working again. SMTP error 550 🤦

        1 Reply Last reply
        1
        • humptyH
          humptyH
          humpty
          wrote last edited by
          #4

          CR > Email > Mailboxes > Forwarding: Could this be related? Is this the preferred method of forwarding mail now? I have mail forwarded using rules in Roundcube.

          1 Reply Last reply
          1
          • jamesJ james marked this topic as a regular topic

          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

          Register Login
          Reply
          • Reply as topic
          Log in to reply
          • Oldest to Newest
          • Newest to Oldest
          • Most Votes


          • Login

          • Don't have an account? Register

          • Login or register to search.
          • First post
            Last post
          0
          • Categories
          • Recent
          • Tags
          • Popular
          • Bookmarks
          • Search