add wildcard support when sending as an alias/identity
-
It seems I can't send through aliases anymore in Roundcube.
I have a bunch of domains all under the same CR mail server & Mailgun SMTP. I forward a bunch of mailboxes across different domains to a single mailbox that I monitor. I added a new "identity" in Roundcube, which used to allow me to send mail using that address when logged in from the main mailbox. This worked for wildcard addresses too, even for mailboxes on different domains. Now, I'm getting an
SMTP 550 error. What changed? -
I just had a moment of clarity after typing it out. I think I'm mistaken that it used to work for wildcards as well. Yep, as I suspected. The email went through after I added the wildcard address as an actual alias in the mailbox settings. In this case, I'd like to convert this ticket into a feature request.
FEATURE REQUEST: Please add wildcard support when sending as an alias/identity in RC (unless this poses a security risk?). Thanks!
-
H humpty moved this topic from Support
-
J james marked this topic as a regular topic
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
