Cloudron makes it easy to run web apps like WordPress, Nextcloud, GitLab on your server. Find out more or install now.

SOLVED docker system df: Total number of images does not equal installed apps

• Hello Team,

I just ran docker system df. It outputs 16 images und 18 containers as a grand total although we only have 8 apps installed currently. Are the remaining images/containers some kind of cruft?

root@my ~ # docker system df
    TYPE                TOTAL               ACTIVE              SIZE                RECLAIMABLE
    Images              16                  16                  8.133GB             1.45GB (17%)
    Containers          18                  17                  69.63kB             0B (0%)
    Local Volumes       42                  34                  378.4MB             70.35kB (0%)
    Build Cache         0                   0                   0B                  0B

• If u use Apps, that need more container, like nextcloud or wp, you need to count redis too, for exemple.
    And there are System Apps to, like Haraka for the email

• Thank you very much for the clarification!

• @ctrl Yeah, I think if you run docker ps you'll be able to see what's going on a bit better. The apps use databases like mysql, mongodb, redis; There's also other addons like sftp, mail, turn, and graphite.

• @malvim
    Thanks a lot for the follow up!